A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Australian Safe Schools under threat
Australian Safe Schools under threat  [message #71152] Mon, 29 February 2016 13:21 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=2364&private=0

Imagine you're 16 and you're being bullied by your classmates, just for being gay. You try to reach out to someone at school for help - but the government has decided that people like you don't deserve support. Sound outrageous? Well, it's happening in Australia right now.The Safe Schools Coalition was created to stop bullying of lesbian, gay, bi and trans (LGBT) youth in Australia. But after months of lobbying from homophobic legislators, PM Malcolm Turnbull caved to pressure, announcing the program would be reviewed. If anti-gay politicians get their way, it could be cut altogether. But there's still a chance to save it. The review's just been announced, and Australians are outraged. If we join them and create a huge, global outcry in the next few days, we could pressure the government to keep the program and make sure LGBT kids are safe. 

Please sign this petition and pass it on

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Australian Safe Schools under threat  [message #71153 is a reply to message #71152] Mon, 29 February 2016 13:26 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Yesterday I saw this and was aghast.

WITH the programme kids have a safe haven. WITHOUT it they are like me. 

I was bullied at school for being THOUGHT to be queer. One day I was outed. I nearly killed myself that day. I was ether too strong or too weak to do it. I have often wondered which.

I am sick and tired of seeing hard won gay freedoms stolen from us by asswipe politicians.

If they think people can be "converted" to being gay or "seduced" into being gay, let the fat ugly bastards volunteer to see if it's possible. Hell, I've tried to stop being gay. Even love and sex with a great woman doesn't do the conversion job

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Audio Books
Next Topic: Being gay
Goto Forum: