A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > "Just close the fucking lid and go to sleep!"
"Just close the fucking lid and go to sleep!"  [message #71994] Wed, 19 October 2016 16:51 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Yes, we have a new challenge, presented in preview mode while voting takes place on the current one

"Just close the fucking lid and go to sleep!" is a departure. We aren't short of intriguing pictures, not at all, but this was too good to miss! It's a phrase I used to some guests we had in our home. If you remind me I'll describe the incident after the challenge closes for submissions.

Entries open as the current challenge's voting closes.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: "Just close the fucking lid and go to sleep!"  [message #72398 is a reply to message #71994] Wed, 04 January 2017 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Polling is open until 25 January 2017

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: "Just close the fucking lid and go to sleep!"  [message #72399 is a reply to message #71994] Thu, 05 January 2017 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dgt224 is currently offline  dgt224

Toe is in the water

"timmy wrote on Wed, 19 October 2016 12:51"
... If you remind me I'll describe the incident after the challenge closes for submissions. ...

--
Hey, timmy! If you chance to see this, please consider yourself reminded.
Re: "Just close the fucking lid and go to sleep!"  [message #72401 is a reply to message #72399] Thu, 05 January 2017 11:09 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

We have some slightly insane friends who came "to visit us" but who stayed in a nearby hotel.

That hotel has a grey water system to flush the room toilets, a great idea. During one night of their stay the grey water circulation pump failed, and thus, after emptying the cistern, no water was available to flush the toilets in the rooms. 

Did I say 'slightly insane'? The wife made the husband contact reception to find out what was wrong at around 11pm, but reported to us that they were awake all night waiting for water to be restored to their room toilet. Presumably there was a large deposit awating flushing. "We finally got to sleep at 4:30am," she told us, with some sort of pride.

My response was immediate, "Oh for chrissake, why not just close the fucking lid and go to sleep!"

But no, her idea was that the hotel problem was such that she wanted to be involved with it, and intimately. Her husband was made to go repeatedly to reception in his jim jams to ask about progress.

So, batshit crazy, then!

[Updated on: Thu, 05 January 2017 12:35]

Previous Topic: Christmas Stories
Next Topic: The Road of Dreams by Geron Kees
Goto Forum: