A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Rompecabezas
Rompecabezas  [message #72378] Fri, 30 December 2016 10:32 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I will be very interested to know what you make of Rompecabezas.  I rather think William will, too. I found I could not put it down, but only understood it right at the end.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Rompecabezas  [message #72415 is a reply to message #72378] Mon, 09 January 2017 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pedro

Toe is in the water

I haven't got the lid with the picture on it and I haven't found many edge pieces yet. Maybe it will become clearer  as I/we get more assembled. At least that is what you are saying will happen, Timmy.

Pedro
Re: Rompecabezas  [message #72416 is a reply to message #72415] Mon, 09 January 2017 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I started by assembling the kitten in the top left hand corner, then moved to the man in the top hat below. The edge was the hardest. It does most definitely all come together, though you have two pieces in your very small amount of assembled edge that just don't really fit, but look as though they do.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 January 2017 18:57]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Rompecabezas  [message #72418 is a reply to message #72378] Mon, 09 January 2017 21:58 Go to previous message
Geron Kees is currently offline  Geron Kees

Likes it here

Quote:
timmy wrote on Fri, 30 December 2016 10:32I will be very interested to know what you make of Rompecabezas.  I rather think William will, too. I found I could not put it down, but only understood it right at the end.

--I think it's a fascinating little puzzle, very much original in conception. You have the advantage of having read the entire story, Tim, while the rest of us are at Chapter 5. It does keep getting better, certainly. Definitely a nice piece of work!
Previous Topic: The Road of Dreams by Geron Kees
Next Topic: Revisiting old tales - Towards The Decent Inn
Goto Forum: