A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > The Road of Dreams by Geron Kees
icon14.gif The Road of Dreams by Geron Kees  [message #72406] Fri, 06 January 2017 18:16 Go to next message
William King is currently offline  William King

Toe is in the water

This is a fascinating tale that takes the reader back to circa 1984 rural America and recounts the life of teenagers in that era. If, like me you know next to nothing about American cars, you'll get an education. It's all part of the story, and done so well that the reader is transported to that time and place. The characters are very well drawn and immediately engaging, I can almost guarantee you'll love the story and that like me you won't be able to put it down.

Recommended reading:  http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/geron-kees/the-road-of- dreams/01.html
Re: The Road of Dreams by Geron Kees  [message #72407 is a reply to message #72406] Fri, 06 January 2017 19:22 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I agree with you, yet I suggest the reader start at the start of the 'Tales of the Road' at Rules of the Road, to find out who everyone is and where the Bee came from, and how. That investment will not be wasted, but I suspect you may be reading until the wee small hours

I have a feeling this tale may be crafted from a slightly altered life and subtly altered geography, populated by a cast whose members may or may not have intersected in real life. I suspect that life is stranger than fiction, and some weirder things will have happened in life than he dared write down, if, of course, this comes from real life!

But what good story doesn't have a basis in reality, even SciFi?

I am pretty sure there will be a third Tale of the Road in due course. Geron Kees has many tales boiling away, and it's a case of which pan on the stovetop comes to finish cooking first. And that's not even looking at the BBQ!

[Updated on: Fri, 06 January 2017 19:37]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: "Just close the fucking lid and go to sleep!"
Next Topic: Rompecabezas
Goto Forum: