A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Unfucking believable
Unfucking believable   [message #73101] Wed, 02 August 2017 01:55 Go to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/08/01/christian-radio-host-do nt-leave-teenage-boys-alone-together-because-it-encourages-g ay-sex/?utm_source=PNFB&utm_content=ND
Re: Unfucking believable   [message #73103 is a reply to message #73101] Wed, 02 August 2017 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I suspect that starts to prove the hypothesis that sex is a normal and natural thing to be enjoyed by anyone. IT laso shows that militant christians find it essential to control what other peopke do with their bodies.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Unfucking believable   [message #73108 is a reply to message #73101] Wed, 02 August 2017 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cm is currently offline  cm

Toe is in the water

Personally, I've never believed that there is anything incompatible between Christianity and being gay. We are all born with the sexuality that we have. If we believe that God made all of us, then God is comfortable with all the shades of sexuality that he has created. It is reasonable to believe that God expects the same standards of morality and behaviour  in both heterosexual and homosexual  relationships - but that is the limit of the expectation God has. For Christians, that means that you love, cherish and have sex in a monogamous relationship. That is hard to live up to for most of us, but it is a world apart from saying that God hates gays. He may disapprove of some of the behaviours, but that is absolutely not the same as saying he disapproves of the principle. We may fail at a behavioural level, but we do not fail at the fundamental sexual level. If we take the bible as a reference point, Jesus himself never said anything to the contrary.

Militant Christians cannot have it both ways; Jesus said that his new covenant replaced the old; that means that what is written in the new testament replaces that of the old; so anything based on the old testament is not evidence of a behaviour that God expects of us. It is only St. Paul - a bigot of the first water - who is quoted as saying anything against homosexuality in the new testament. I prefer to listen to the organ grinder and not the monkey.

I apologise if this is too serious a comment on the issue raised - but it is not enough to throw up our hands in horror at what these benighted fundamentalists say; we have to challenge it using the same authority as they do.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 August 2017 07:46]

Re: Unfucking believable   [message #73109 is a reply to message #73108] Thu, 03 August 2017 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Have you ever tried to get a militant evangelical christian to understand that the old testament is obsolete?

Ask the next Jehovah's Witness who knocks on your door first if they are carrying it and second why. Their reaction is not to understand.

I do this to every one who knocks on my door.

Then I work through this with them:

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=3576&private=0

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Unfucking believable   [message #73110 is a reply to message #73109] Thu, 03 August 2017 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cm is currently offline  cm

Toe is in the water

Great cartoon, Timmy Smile

They may not understand, but at least you are conducting an argument using the same authority and principles they they claim.  With enough water and enough time you can cut a path through the hardest rock. But if you never start the flow, then nothing ever changes.
Re: Unfucking believable   [message #73132 is a reply to message #73101] Sat, 05 August 2017 10:28 Go to previous message
Foggy is currently offline  Foggy

Getting started

She is not inaccurate nor wrong in all she says.  She is absurdly exaggerating consequences of males and females separately associating.  Moms' and Dads' better watch out for her kind, as, reading to your kid in bed time might be homo.  Male and Female teams are, as per her, homo, which they are, but not the same as complete homo of alas per any such.  For get not the locker rooms after sports !!!  Complete homos are few.  You nor anyone can "make" anyone a complete homo. 
Previous Topic: Came across this
Next Topic: Pope eases off on pedo priests
Goto Forum: