A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Fair notice!
Fair notice!  [message #73251] Mon, 21 August 2017 17:22 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I am working quietly with an author whose work is in a niche I do not normally consider for the site to bring one of his stories here. This is part of my choosing to bend my own rules.

A part of the tale is a young man around the age of sexual consent and a gentleman most certainly above it. That sets the scene for the remainder. A middle element is a schoolboy romance, one I enjoyed reading first some years ago. It reminds me a little of the original Caught In The Lower School Bogs, though it is dissimilar, and the rather gruff original has faded in Solsticeman's recutting of the tale.

That comparison is like saying you never saw Michael Jackson and his sister in the same room at the same time. The two were obviously different, and yet... So I hope Solsticeman will forgive me!

The tale goes on to watch the various protagonists as they gain years.

There is still no guarantee that the story will appear. And it may not appear soon.

I just thought I'd post this to allow any brouhaha to happen now ~evil grin~

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Fair notice!  [message #73257 is a reply to message #73251] Tue, 22 August 2017 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
William King is currently offline  William King

Toe is in the water

There are probably a number of stories confined to Nifty because - for the reason of Google censorship and conservative American morals - they are not allowed on other sites as the subject matter involves sex with under age boys. One such story that springs to mind is - http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/adult-youth/love-existentiall y/  by John Teller. 

I abhor censorship, I fully support rating material - as for films and video games, 18, 16, PG, U - therefore, I support you bringing the story to this site, and anyway you don't rely on Google ads, and you aren't housed in America. So go for it!

[Updated on: Tue, 22 August 2017 09:36]

Re: Fair notice!  [message #73258 is a reply to message #73251] Tue, 22 August 2017 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cm is currently offline  cm

Toe is in the water

'Brouhaha' - what a fine word and one that you don't see used very often these days.

How nice to see it getting an airing...
Re: Fair notice!  [message #73263 is a reply to message #73258] Tue, 22 August 2017 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"cm wrote on Tue, 22 August 2017 14:29"
'Brouhaha' - what a fine word and one that you don't see used very often these days.

How nice to see it getting an airing...

--
A brouhaha should get aired often, though non violently Wink

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Fair notice!  [message #73264 is a reply to message #73257] Tue, 22 August 2017 18:50 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

"William King wrote on Tue, 22 August 2017 10:31"
There are probably a number of stories confined to Nifty because - for the reason of Google censorship and conservative American morals - they are not allowed on other sites as the subject matter involves sex with under age boys. One such story that springs to mind is - http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/adult-youth/love-existentiall y/  by John Teller. 

I abhor censorship, I fully support rating material - as for films and video games, 18, 16, PG, U - therefore, I support you bringing the story to this site, and anyway you don't rely on Google ads, and you aren't housed in America. So go for it!

--

John does write a good tale. I am waiting for him to pick up the dark plot in the Angel of Pie Jesu.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 August 2017 19:06]

Previous Topic: "The Compassionate, The Merciful" by Nigel Gordon
Next Topic: The observer - Rafael Henry
Goto Forum: