A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Someone remember this movie ?
Someone remember this movie ?   [message #74029] Fri, 09 February 2018 07:07 Go to next message
Joe.mx is currently offline  Joe.mx

Toe is in the water

Hey guys this is just one of my favorite movies , how about yours ?

Be strong , so that nobody can defeat you ,
Be noble , so that nobody can humiliate you,
Be yourself , so that nobody can forgets you.
Re: Someone remember this movie ?   [message #74033 is a reply to message #74029] Fri, 09 February 2018 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

What movie is it? No glimmer of recognitiion there fo rme.

My favourite movie. Hmmm. That's a tough one. There are two that made a huge impression on me when I saw them:

If... was, until the half way point, a dramatised documentary of my own school days. I fell for Rupert Webster as Bobby Philips

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=4177&private=0

When you see the still from the film he was not especially good looking, but the part he played was greatly appealing.

Not long afterards I read the pre-release publicity for Death in Venice, really an art movie, not mainstream at all. The director referred to finding "the most beautiful boy in the world" which meant I absolutely had to see it. 

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=4178&private=0

In movie makeup it felt as though he was, too. Out of makeup he was much less rarified, though still handsome.

The first film I had not expected to have even a minor gay theme. The second I had no idea what to expect, I just had to see it. In each case the nostalgia is probably better than the product.

[Updated on: Fri, 09 February 2018 09:50]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Someone remember this movie ?   [message #74035 is a reply to message #74029] Fri, 09 February 2018 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
William King is currently offline  William King

Toe is in the water

"Joe.mx wrote on Fri, 09 February 2018 08:07"
Hey guys this is just one of my favorite movies , how about yours ?

--

The movie - The Green Giant with Tom Thanks?

A favourite movie: there are lots, but Death in Venice is up there with the best, but then I also liked Gran Torino and I thought the recent remake of Dunkerque was good, oh so British, but I think you have to have seen the original film to fully appreciate the remake. And... I haven't even mentioned classics like 2001, My beautiful Laundrette, and... Perhaps my favourite of all time Casablanca - "here's looking at you kid!'
Re: Someone remember this movie ?   [message #74038 is a reply to message #74029] Fri, 09 February 2018 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mike033273 is currently offline  mike033273

Getting started

Hey buddy
what's the title of that movie???

surviver
Re: Someone remember this movie ?   [message #74042 is a reply to message #74029] Sat, 10 February 2018 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

It's based in Stephen king "the green mile" a man in the death row , with superpowers to heal people , Casablanca , the goodfhater, ohhh yes >gran torino< a man who had to fight with his prejudices ,i never saw death in venice but i'm curious now , If and death in Venice have great reviews , i have to watch both , my favorite of all times , stand by me , never miss the opportunity to watch it 😄 i never had any friends later on like the ones i had when i was twelve 🎼🎵🎼🎵🎼🎵🎼🎵

[Updated on: Sat, 10 February 2018 04:18]

Re: Someone remember this movie ?   [message #74043 is a reply to message #74042] Sat, 10 February 2018 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

Oh just to add "the cure" a boy with aids , everybody was saying he was gay just because he have aids ,the friendship and that scene in the tent ,just woooooow

Re: Someone remember this movie ?   [message #74044 is a reply to message #74043] Sat, 10 February 2018 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
William King is currently offline  William King

Toe is in the water

Re: Someone remember this movie ?   [message #74046 is a reply to message #74033] Sat, 10 February 2018 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
American_Alex

Toe is in the water

Quote:
timmy wrote on Fri, 09 February 2018 03:46What movie is it? No glimmer of recognitiion there fo rme.

My favourite movie. Hmmm. That's a tough one. There are two that made a huge impression on me when I saw them:

If... was, until the half way point, a dramatised documentary of my own school days. I fell for Rupert Webster as Bobby Philips

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=4177&private=0

When you see the still from the film he was not especially good looking, but the part he played was greatly appealing.

--

"If".....wow, you could NOT make a movie like THAT today!  BTW, even Malcom McDowell was reasonably attractive back then.

"Able was I ere I saw Elba"
Re: Someone remember this movie ?   [message #74047 is a reply to message #74046] Sat, 10 February 2018 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

Thanks William !

🎼🎵🎼🎵When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we see
No I won't be afraid
No I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
And darling, darling stand by me
Oh, now, now, stand by me
Stand by me, stand by me
If the sky that we look upon
Should tumble and fall
And the mountain should crumble to the sea
I won't cry, I won't cry
No I won't shed a tear
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
And darling, darling stand by me
Oh, stand by me
Stand by me, stand by me, stand by me
Whenever you're in trouble won't you stand by me
Oh, now, now, stand by me
Oh, stand by me, stand by me, stand by me
Darling, darling stand by me
Stand by me
Oh stand by me, stand by me, stand by me🎼🎵🎼🎵

Anyone has more suggestions about rare good movies?

Re: Someone remember this movie ?   [message #74048 is a reply to message #74029] Sat, 10 February 2018 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

Björn Andrésen was a gorgeous boy indeed , now i have to watch this movie.

Re: Someone remember this movie ?   [message #74049 is a reply to message #74047] Sat, 10 February 2018 17:21 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Edge of Seventeen was fun. I was in Sandusky when I watche dthis. My hosts used to work at the park!

Get Real I liked a lot

Though turned into a sort of movie, Beautiful Thing was a stage play and suits the stage best

Away from gay themes, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel captured the spirit of India. Actually, now I think oif it, the gay theme was present, but it was not in my mind when I bought tickets to see it. It just came to light as a side plot.

[Updated on: Sat, 10 February 2018 17:21]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Get prepared
Next Topic: Angel on stage
Goto Forum: