A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > After "What?" will be darkness
After "What?" will be darkness  [message #74929] Thu, 27 September 2018 15:19 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

That's quite a teaser, isn't it?

I do not mean that there will be no challenge after "What?", but I am preparing a non picture based challenge. Thsi is early warning that I will be looking for a tale that starts in darkness and shows redemption, recovery.

Sometimes we need to move away from pictures of puppies and kittens on the lids of boxes of chocolates.

I think this will be a difficult challenge. I think some of the usual entrants will relish it more than others. Some will be discomfitted by it. Ideally so should the readership, yet without alienating it.

Have a look at Recovery. It's time to look for inspiration.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: After "What?" will be darkness  [message #75219 is a reply to message #74929] Fri, 23 November 2018 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Submissions are open for Recovery. We have four submisisons so far, of whcih the names of three have been held back siunce they are currently published elsewhere

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: After "What?" will be darkness  [message #75260 is a reply to message #74929] Sun, 02 December 2018 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

So, now that the polls for "What?" are closed, have you decided on what the next challenge after "Recovery" will be?
Re: After "What?" will be darkness  [message #75261 is a reply to message #75260] Sun, 02 December 2018 15:02 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I'm mulling over a picture vs a concept right now

Previous Topic: The Life of Matt Summers
Next Topic: 2019 Challenge - Non Consent
Goto Forum: