A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > What Happens When Men Have Sex with Teenage Boys
What Happens When Men Have Sex with Teenage Boys  [message #75309] Thu, 20 December 2018 17:29 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Please read the Huffington Post article, What Happens When Men Have Sex with Teenage Boys. This seems to be written thoughtfully form a survey sample of one.

The question I have is whether it is written by someone who was once in this position, or whether it is an editorialised view. Whochever it is I found it an interesting read, albeit not a compelling one.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on the topic, the more so since Teenage Gay Romance is our niche, though we do, very occasionally, stray outside that niche.

I find the final paragraph to be a little preachy:

"Quote:"
We underestimate the emotional and psychological stress and anxiety adult actions cause in immature minds and we cannot rely on our own recollection as proof of its relative harm. The LGBT media, leaders and all organizations must take a stand against adult-teen relationships and firmly stand on the side of protecting young gay people as a part of their overall concept of outreach. In the end we are the only ones who can stop this generational pattern of abuse and I think it is our priority to do so.

Nonetheless I can see much of the sense in the sentiments expressed

[Updated on: Thu, 20 December 2018 22:37]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: What Happens When Men Have Sex with Teenage Boys  [message #75311 is a reply to message #75309] Thu, 20 December 2018 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

Hi Timmy
link doesn't work for me, and the search function on Huffpost doesn't turn up the article. I'd very much like to read it - as you may remember, Maurice was 18 and I was 54 when we first got together, so it's a subject I know a bit about (although Maurice was atypical in so many ways that I wouldn't want to generalise from our experience too much!).
Nick W.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: What Happens When Men Have Sex with Teenage Boys  [message #75313 is a reply to message #75311] Thu, 20 December 2018 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I had finger trouble. I have corrected the link above.  Thanks for letting me know.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: What Happens When Men Have Sex with Teenage Boys  [message #75326 is a reply to message #75309] Mon, 24 December 2018 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luvtwinks is currently offline  luvtwinks

Likes it here

I think the headline should be "What Happens When Teenage Boys Are Molested By Men". A VERY different context than what the original headline would suggest.
Re: What Happens When Men Have Sex with Teenage Boys  [message #75329 is a reply to message #75326] Mon, 24 December 2018 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"luvtwinks wrote on Mon, 24 December 2018 01:20"
I think the headline should be "What Happens When Teenage Boys Are Molested By Men". A VERY different context than what the original headline would suggest.

--
Headlines are intended to sell stories

Re: What Happens When Men Have Sex with Teenage Boys  [message #75336 is a reply to message #75309] Wed, 26 December 2018 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Driver is currently offline  Mark Driver

Getting started

Ongoing, anonymous sex with mature men, sometimes right under his parent's nose, sometimes in parking lots at wee hours, suggests a sad, tragic life.  How these experiences left him with such overwhelming feelings and no one to turn to is terrible.  

That said, I felt an underlying agenda in his piece, to blame gay men in general, and even the families of gay men.  So I surfed around to learn more about him, and wasn't surprised what I found.   

[Updated on: Wed, 26 December 2018 09:49]

Re: What Happens When Men Have Sex with Teenage Boys  [message #75341 is a reply to message #75336] Fri, 28 December 2018 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Mark Driver wrote on Wed, 26 December 2018 09:34"
Ongoing, anonymous sex with mature men, sometimes right under his parent's nose, sometimes in parking lots at wee hours, suggests a sad, tragic life.  How these experiences left him with such overwhelming feelings and no one to turn to is terrible.  

That said, I felt an underlying agenda in his piece, to blame gay men in general, and even the families of gay men.  So I surfed around to learn more about him, and wasn't surprised what I found.   

--
Would you mind givimg us a synopsis?

Re: What Happens When Men Have Sex with Teenage Boys  [message #75393 is a reply to message #75309] Tue, 08 January 2019 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian Fatima is currently offline  Ian Fatima

Getting started

Society seems to apply different standards depending on whether the relationships between adults and teenagers are heterosexual or homosexual, as well as whether the young person is a male or a female. The video below shows an adult female hitting on her 14 year old student, played by actor David Iacono. It is part of the hidden camera "What Would You Do?" television show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIdh9xmeJOw

The most interesting part is the sharply disparate comments below the video. The male viewers seem to approve, but not the female viewers.

Typical Male responses:
"I'd give the kid a condom."
"Where were these teachers when I was young?"
"I'd high five the lucky bastard."

Typical Female response:
"If any man or woman touches my son, I'll kill them."

l
Re: What Happens When Men Have Sex with Teenage Boys  [message #75394 is a reply to message #75393] Thu, 10 January 2019 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Ian Fatima wrote on Tue, 08 January 2019 19:32"
Society seems to apply different standards depending on whether the relationships between adults and teenagers are heterosexual or homosexual, as well as whether the young person is a male or a female. The video below shows an adult female hitting on her 14 year old student, played by actor David Iacono. It is part of the hidden camera "What Would You Do?" television show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIdh9xmeJOw

The most interesting part is the sharply disparate comments below the video. The male viewers seem to approve, but not the female viewers.

Typical Male responses:
"I'd give the kid a condom."
"Where were these teachers when I was young?"
"I'd high five the lucky bastard."

Typical Female response:
"If any man or woman touches my son, I'll kill them."

l

--
I think the problem is a Harvey Weinstein one, that of entitlement.

My feeling is that we need to discuss these things with the teenagers of today, because these are the lawmakers of tomorrow.  We do criticise old men for cradle snatching, seeming never to criticise old women for the same age range. 

Re: What Happens When Men Have Sex with Teenage Boys  [message #75412 is a reply to message #75341] Thu, 17 January 2019 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Driver is currently offline  Mark Driver

Getting started

He has an agenda against his own community, and is a favorite of the right wing conservative thought, just like Milo Yiannopoulos, a sad case.  Perhaps it's better to say he doesn't embrace his own community and instead blames them for his problems.  I recall he is HIV+ for example.  The trouble with people that spread negative generalizations is how the reader will accept these ideas as validation of their own prejudiced worldview.
Re: What Happens When Men Have Sex with Teenage Boys  [message #75524 is a reply to message #75394] Fri, 15 February 2019 02:58 Go to previous message
Ashdaw is currently offline  Ashdaw

Toe is in the water

This is a difficult one. It depends I guess on weather the teen is participating or is being used. Just my opinion.
Previous Topic: poor lonely boy
Next Topic: Much as I hate the term...
Goto Forum: