A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Les Choristes - The Chorus
Les Choristes - The Chorus  [message #75610] Mon, 11 March 2019 19:08 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

A 2004 movie, I have spent the 97 screen minutes of Les Choristes glued top the screen and in tears. Then I watched the DVD segment on the making of the movie for a further hour.

I am now in love:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTMzMTA2MjYyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTk2OTg2._V1_.jpg

And he can sing like an angel. Better yet he made the transition to adulthood without, for me certainly, losing the things that made him special. He was born on 22 December 1990.

Do not be put off by the fact that it is French, with English subtitles. Or at least is on the DVD. Not on Youtube, it seems

[Updated on: Tue, 12 March 2019 08:39]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Les Choristes - The Chorus  [message #75612 is a reply to message #75610] Tue, 12 March 2019 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian Fatima is currently offline  Ian Fatima

Getting started

The video link wasn't working, because of a copyright notice. But there are videos on youtube such as these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vel-9_wA_WQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQsGNQl5Peo
Re: Les Choristes - The Chorus  [message #75615 is a reply to message #75612] Tue, 12 March 2019 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

It's potentially a regional thing, I think. 

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Les Choristes - The Chorus  [message #75617 is a reply to message #75615] Wed, 13 March 2019 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jolyon Lewes

Toe is in the water

The link works for me but better still, I have owned the DVD for several years and what a marvellous film it is!

The young star is mesmerising. The story is extremely moving. The main adult character wins and holds your sympathy and, rather as in Dead Poets Society, you will loathe the Headmaster.

Jolyon
Re: Les Choristes - The Chorus  [message #75618 is a reply to message #75617] Wed, 13 March 2019 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have the haunting music playimg...

The copyrght thing is very likely a regional issue

Re: Les Choristes - The Chorus  [message #75619 is a reply to message #75615] Wed, 13 March 2019 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

When clicking on the video link, it reads: "VIDEO UNAVAILABLE. The video contains content from Miramax, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." The soundtrack works, though.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 March 2019 17:32]

Re: Les Choristes - The Chorus  [message #75720 is a reply to message #75619] Wed, 01 May 2019 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricky is currently offline  Ricky

Toe is in the water

Jean Baptist Maunier went on to do a movie titled "Hell Phone" Which has him doing a doubletake in the courtyard of a monestary. It was an obvious reference to this movie. One which I also have owned for many years. His pure brilliance notes mark him as one of our best treble voices in many many years. Next to Conner Borrowes I suppose which is by far one of the best in the last 100 years.

Wisdom does not come with age. It occurs because of it.
Re: Les Choristes - The Chorus  [message #75803 is a reply to message #75610] Wed, 12 June 2019 18:31 Go to previous message

Getting started

Recently I have been listening to a lot of really old music on Youtube, including Dion, Ricky Nelson, the Everly Brothers, Del Shannon, among many others. While doing so, I stumbled across a young singer I had never heard of who has quite a beautiful voice: singer/actor Johnny Crawford. He was born in 1946 and starred on the first season of The Mickey Mouse Club. Later, between the ages of 12-16, he played the son of Chuck Connors on The Rifleman. In 1961, at age 15, he started recording music. Check out his Youtube videos of "Cindy's Birthday," "Rumors," "When I Fall in Love," and "Your Nose is Gonna Grow," among many others. What a voice!
Previous Topic: The Inspiration thread was not doing its job (merged with Artistic Appreciation and Censorship)
Next Topic: Aims
Goto Forum: