A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > The Non Consent Challenge
The Non Consent Challenge  [message #75621] Sat, 16 March 2019 01:26 Go to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

Please understand that this is not a criticism of the challenge. More, it's a statement of where I am at. 

When the challenge was introduced I was game to participate and submit my own story. Due to my own experience of being subjected nonconsensual sex as a teen, I found I was unable to attempt it, and am choosing not to read. I'm sure the authors have done well in handling the topic sensitively but I just... can't...

I just wanted to express that, and reiterate once again that this is about me, not about the challenge, the subject of the challenge, the authors, or their stories. 

I'm sure you've all done well and congratulations to you. Really. 

Smile

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
What writing is for  [message #75622 is a reply to message #75621] Sat, 16 March 2019 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I think that is a wholy reasonable set of thoughts.

Have you considered whether the writing about your own experience for your own consumption would help with sorting ot out even more usefully in your mind?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: What writing is for  [message #75623 is a reply to message #75622] Sun, 17 March 2019 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

"timmy wrote on Sat, 16 March 2019 01:29"
Have you considered whether the writing about your own experience for your own consumption would help with sorting ot out even more usefully in your mind?

--I have, and actually I have done just that. I don't believe that issue is the current sticking point for me. Talking about my experience and what I've learned from it is relatively simple. Facing it happening to a character that I've invested something in through my reading or my writing about is terrifying in a way. My heart just hurts thinking about it. It's not avoidance so much as it is knowing myself and the state of my emotions. I've worked through other challenges similar to this one, but different, in the past. I shall work through this one as well, but it is going to take me some self work and some time. 

I guess with this posting I just felt the need to say what needed saying as a beginning point to processing it. 

Thanks Smile

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: What writing is for  [message #75624 is a reply to message #75623] Sun, 17 March 2019 14:57 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

From me you have a listening ear if you wish it and nothing that you do not ask for. You have a task ahead of you. Take it as a pace that is not excessive.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Just Found This Massive Gallery!
Next Topic: LGBT Awareness has consequences!
Goto Forum: