A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Inkerman Street by Arapiles
Inkerman Street by Arapiles  [message #76186] Wed, 13 November 2019 17:34 Go to next message
Talo Segura is currently offline  Talo Segura

Likes it here

It's not so often that you stumble onto a really good author and this is a first book! The writing is a pleasure to read, the style is nicely polished, the use of language and narrative reflections on life, the descriptions of people and situations, excellent! 
What I really appreciated about this story, (yes I've already read it) was the time the author must have spent planning it out. The little clues and the way eveything, all the details came together, is beautifully done. It is a wonderful and whistful tale full of emotion. Like a clever jigsaw puzzle which lends a certain satisfaction as each piece slots together and which in the end, when complete, reveals a picture.
I thoroughly recommend this story.

http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/arapiles/inkerman-stree t/01.html

Re: Inkerman Street by Arapiles  [message #76187 is a reply to message #76186] Wed, 13 November 2019 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I agree wholeheartedly. This is one very promising author. The story is a smidgen outside our niche, but I think folk will understand at the end why I have published it

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Inkerman Street by Arapiles  [message #76188 is a reply to message #76186] Wed, 13 November 2019 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pandareader is currently offline  pandareader

Toe is in the water

Loved the writing style, learned a few words in the process too Very Happy (I was thoroughly confused when there was a person inside a "skip", never had thought about what those where called in english).
Looking forward to read where the story will lead.
Re: Inkerman Street by Arapiles  [message #76232 is a reply to message #76188] Tue, 19 November 2019 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pandareader is currently offline  pandareader

Toe is in the water

Great story, was not disappointed! Without spoiling it, there are some interesting surprises in the story.
Re: Inkerman Street by Arapiles  [message #76234 is a reply to message #76232] Tue, 19 November 2019 18:07 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have added it to the Halloween section

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: A Friend of the Devil
Next Topic: Anglicism alert thread
Goto Forum: