A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > By Any Other Name challenge
By Any Other Name challenge  [message #76154] Wed, 06 November 2019 14:59 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We have our first submission for By Any Other Name, and by an author new to us! I'm looking forward to loads

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
By Any Other Name challenge  [message #76396 is a reply to message #76154] Tue, 10 December 2019 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luvtwinks is currently offline  luvtwinks

Likes it here

Although a small selection, I enjoyed reading the entries in this latest challenge. I was especially pleased to see entries by authors I haven't seen published for a while, along with the characters portrayed in their stories. Sort of like seeing old friends after a long time apart. ❤️

[Updated on: Tue, 10 December 2019 22:24]

Re: By Any Other Name challenge  [message #76446 is a reply to message #76396] Tue, 24 December 2019 01:22 Go to previous message
pandareader is currently offline  pandareader

Toe is in the water

I liked all four stories from this challenge, and I agree with luvtwinks, it was nice reading tales from familiar authors and their characters. I really liked the "what if" premise of "Sunnybanks revisited", enjoyed seeing a new, albeit a bit darker, story with Tony (though I still have some stories to catch up with), and how the action in the picture inspired the main characters in "In the picture".
I enjoyed "We are in love!" though I must say that my heart broke a little for Pete...
I already knew and liked the work of the other authors, and it's the first story I read by Talo Segura. It  made me want to read more of his work (perhaps even a little follow up to the story, I think poor Pete deserves a chance for redemption Wink ...). I'm looking forward to starting Milo soon, after I finished the current one I'm following.
Previous Topic: Christmas Frivolities
Next Topic: Milo has started
Goto Forum: