A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Seventh Summer
Seventh Summer  [message #76488] Wed, 22 January 2020 21:18 Go to next message
luvtwinks is currently offline  luvtwinks

Likes it here

Seventh Summer will tug at your heartstrings. Have a tissue nearby.
Re: Seventh Summer  [message #76490 is a reply to message #76488] Thu, 23 January 2020 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

I just finished reading Seventh Summer.  It is an excellent story.  I don't wish to say more in case some have not yet read it.
Re: Seventh Summer  [message #76491 is a reply to message #76490] Thu, 23 January 2020 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivor slipper is currently offline  ivor slipper

Likes it here

I agree with the previous comments about this story. A definite 'must read'.
Re: Seventh Summer  [message #76492 is a reply to message #76488] Thu, 23 January 2020 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Composer is currently offline  The Composer

Toe is in the water

Double plus good.
Re: Seventh Summer  [message #76497 is a reply to message #76488] Fri, 24 January 2020 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geron Kees is currently offline  Geron Kees

Likes it here

Agreed. A wonderful story. Don't miss it.
Re: Seventh Summer  [message #76499 is a reply to message #76497] Sat, 25 January 2020 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pietar is currently offline  Pietar

Getting started

My thanks to you and to all who have commented on my story, both here in the forum, and to me directly via my email.  I am glad so many of you enjoyed it. 
Pietar
Re: Seventh Summer  [message #76525 is a reply to message #76499] Tue, 04 February 2020 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

The last week or so I've been sorting through the story log identifying and reading tales I've not yet read. I found this one to be quite excellent. Well written, imaginative, and draws the reader in with finesse. 

Strangely, this is the fourth story in a row now that I've read that has turned out to be a ghost story. I'm almost afraid to try another! LOL 😂 

[Updated on: Tue, 04 February 2020 21:56]

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: Seventh Summer  [message #76526 is a reply to message #76525] Tue, 04 February 2020 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Cross check woth the Halloween page!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Seventh Summer  [message #76527 is a reply to message #76526] Wed, 05 February 2020 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

"timmy wrote on Tue, 04 February 2020 15:31"

--
I actually checked that out to be sure, and no, it wasn't any of the Halloween stories, at least from this past Halloween and I didn't go so far back as previous years. Also, at least one of the stories was from anothe site, and not a Halloween story there either! 

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: Seventh Summer  [message #76528 is a reply to message #76527] Wed, 05 February 2020 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luvtwinks is currently offline  luvtwinks

Likes it here

"Teddy wrote on Wed, 05 February 2020 01:19"

"timmy wrote on Tue, 04 February 2020 15:31"

--
I actually checked that out to be sure, and no, it wasn't any of the Halloween stories, at least from this past Halloween and I didn't go so far back as previous years. Also, at least one of the stories was from anothe site, and not a Halloween story there either! 

--Many stories from the "Charlie Boone" series from Gerron Kees have a theme involving ghosts. In a fun manner. Not necessarily just at Halloween.
Re: Seventh Summer  [message #76529 is a reply to message #76528] Thu, 06 February 2020 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The Mooi stories are even more...

I  hope, Geron, you manage to turn your inspiration to some of these some of the time

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Seventh Summer  [message #76530 is a reply to message #76529] Thu, 06 February 2020 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivor slipper is currently offline  ivor slipper

Likes it here

"timmy wrote on Thu, 06 February 2020 11:34"
The Mooi stories are even more...

I  hope, Geron, you manage to turn your inspiration to some of these some of the time

--
That would be good, but I think that in the winter months he has been (by popular demand) trapped into Charlie Boone stories for Halloween, Christmas and Valentine's Day Smile. Good thing he isn't also writing ones for each of Charlie and his friends' birthdays or we'd never see anything else!!
Re: Seventh Summer  [message #76531 is a reply to message #76529] Sat, 08 February 2020 05:54 Go to previous message
Geron Kees is currently offline  Geron Kees

Likes it here

I was in Amsterdam at the start of December for Sint Nicholas Day, and one of the things I did was to pick up more ideas for the next Mooi story. That series, in particular, is fun for me.

I am working on a Charlie Boone story for Valentine's Day, and hope to have it to you before too long. You know how I've been with deadlines lately!

After this one, I have time before having to start the July 4th tale. But I also have several unfinished tales that need completing, and some other ideas brewing. I'll get to the Mooi tale, hopefully, before the ideas grow cold.

Speaking of cold, nearly a foot of snow here today. Tomorrow will be a good day to write!
Previous Topic: Mortaumal
Next Topic: Kindle book reviews
Goto Forum: