A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Contributions?
icon5.gif Contributions?  [message #76615] Sat, 21 March 2020 03:37 Go to next message
Carl in Boston is currently offline  Carl in Boston

Getting started

After usng this site for free, for quite a while, I decided to contribute. Following instructions, I got  to a point where PAYPAL was an option. I picked it because it has worked satisfactorally for me, in the past. Then (not sure how) I was reading about how PAYPAL had stopped doing business with you. Did they change their minds? I never did see anything directing me to PATREON. I hope you end up with the money,
carl.ymca@gmail.com
Re: Contributions?  [message #76617 is a reply to message #76615] Sat, 21 March 2020 09:28 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Thank you Carl. PayPal killed off direct contact, a painful memory. Patreon is different. Buying us the occasional cup of coffee through Patreon (via PayPal) is very welcome. Things like the domain renewal go out this month. It's all budgeted for and smoothed over the year. Pretty obviously we get folk who sponsor us for a while and then decide not to do so for a while [totally expected] so we get cash peaks and troughs.The key thing is that we remain free from adverts or subscription controlled areas. I  Loathe subscriptions and pseudo privileges that are paid for. Authors give of their work freely and I refuse to make a profit form it

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: A new web service
Next Topic: Cyberbullying - Ronan Parke talks about his experiences
Goto Forum: