A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > The "Pick Me!" Writing Challenge stories
The "Pick Me!" Writing Challenge stories  [message #77300] Mon, 07 September 2020 08:30 Go to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

I have great appreciation for every story in the writing challenge, "Pick Me!"

Certainly the entries were quite varied.  My personal favorite was "The Strangest but Best Year of My Life" 
http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/victor-thomas/shorts/th e-strangest-but-best-year-of-my-life.html   
(partly because I know where many of the places in the story are, and have been to several of them).

But every story was a good one.  The variety of themes provided by the authors were well worth reading.  It would be hard to pick my second favorite --  It would probably be a tie between Lockdown Blue and Summer Camp.  

All are well worth reading.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 September 2020 08:30]

Re: The "Pick Me!" Writing Challenge stories  [message #77303 is a reply to message #77300] Tue, 08 September 2020 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geron Kees is currently offline  Geron Kees

Likes it here

"Bisexual_Guy wrote on Mon, 07 September 2020 08:30"
I have great appreciation for every story in the writing challenge, "Pick Me!"

Certainly the entries were quite varied.  My personal favorite was "The Strangest but Best Year of My Life" 
http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/victor-thomas/shorts/th e-strangest-but-best-year-of-my-life.html   
(partly because I know where many of the places in the story are, and have been to several of them).

But every story was a good one.  The variety of themes provided by the authors were well worth reading.  It would be hard to pick my second favorite --  It would probably be a tie between Lockdown Blue and Summer Camp.  

All are well worth reading.

--I have to agree with this assessment. All of these stories were fun. It was a great afternoon's worth of reading!
Re: The "Pick Me!" Writing Challenge stories  [message #77308 is a reply to message #77303] Wed, 09 September 2020 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bensiamin is currently offline  Bensiamin

Likes it here

Here's a third to the motion! I've read them all now and enjoyed every one.

This coming from someone who wasn't inspired enough by the picture to put pen to paper, but was impressed with the creativity that each story expressed in how they interpreted the picture and then wrote their story!

Bensiamin
Re: The "Pick Me!" Writing Challenge stories  [message #77309 is a reply to message #77300] Wed, 09 September 2020 18:53 Go to previous message
luvtwinks is currently offline  luvtwinks

Likes it here

I too enjoyed all! ❤️

BTW, I saw somebody at the supermarket today who resembled the kid in the photo (as best as I could tell because he was wearing a mask). I wanted to raise my hand and yell "Pick me! Pick me"! Fortunately I didn't because I think that someone my age waving and shouting at a 15 year old boy might attract some negative attention. 😂
Previous Topic: Home Alone - Writing Challenge
Next Topic: They shouldn't be able to do this to a Golden Retriever!
Goto Forum: