A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Rick Beck is looking for an editor
icon5.gif Rick Beck is looking for an editor  [message #77622] Mon, 08 February 2021 15:59 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Rick's previous editors have had to quit. He has eyesight difficuties, and says:

My last few editors, one for ten years, kept a list of the recommended changes. I can read the list, use find to find the spot in the document, and then I listen to it, compare notes with the suggetsted edit, and take the action I think is best.

It requires a bit more time, but my editor of ten years was an English teacher, and he devised the method that has kept me writing. This will scare off people, but when someone agrees to do it the way that works best for me, they find it isn't as time consuming as it sounds at first.

Can you be that editor?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Rick Beck is looking for an editor  [message #77623 is a reply to message #77622] Mon, 08 February 2021 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Composer is currently offline  The Composer

Toe is in the water

He needs one. Can do.
Re: Rick Beck is looking for an editor  [message #77624 is a reply to message #77623] Mon, 08 February 2021 19:40 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

His email is at the head of any of his chapters. Please make direct contact. He does need one. It's getting in the way of his abiity to write and be proud of his work

[Updated on: Mon, 08 February 2021 19:40]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: The only way is up!
Next Topic: Butterflies and Rainbows
Goto Forum: