A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Puppy For Sale - Republish.
Puppy For Sale - Republish.  [message #77788] Wed, 28 April 2021 22:56 Go to next message
James Matthews is currently offline  James Matthews

Toe is in the water

Hi,

Some of you longer members of the site or those who frequented the Gay Authors* site may have already read Puppy for Sale. I took a break from writing for a few years...5 I think and I came back and read it myself. Please don't think I'm vain, I was just reading some other sensational stories on here and wondered how my style compared, having not read any of my own stories back.

Anyway I digress slightly. The Puppy for Sale first release was in a way... Hmm how shall I put it? Well it had enough errors scattered throughout which may have distracted or frustrated the reader. Nothing big, but a few misspells here and there, some grammar mistakes and also an annoying formatting issue with some text jumping to the next line. Anyway Timmy has kindly re-released it after I put it through a thorough edit. A small amount of new content has been added, along with some extra dialog in places to smooth out some of the storyline.

So if you've already read it, I'd like to say thank you for giving your time to do so and I hope despite these errors you were able to enjoy it, and if you feel like giving it another read you'll find some new stuff in there. For those who have not, this new 'improved' version will hopefully satisfy your need for a rags to riches (non financial) romance. And for those who have no interest in reading it, that's fine too haha - With so many talented authors to chose from the selection Timmy has on here is phenomenal.

So thank you to all those who have already emailed me about my other stories since I've been back on here Your messages have been humbling and touching and I wish all of you a happy and safe Summer.

*All my stores are now exclusive to IOMFATS and will be found nowhere else. (At least that I know of)

James Matthews.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 April 2021 22:58]

Re: Puppy For Sale - Republish.  [message #77805 is a reply to message #77788] Mon, 10 May 2021 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luvtwinks is currently offline  luvtwinks

Likes it here

I'm enjoying this story so far. I did spot a couple of very minor spelling and grammar errors that remain, but nothing terrible that detracts from the story. Well done! Looking forward to the future chapters. 😀

[Updated on: Mon, 10 May 2021 20:53]

Re: Puppy For Sale - Republish.  [message #77806 is a reply to message #77805] Thu, 13 May 2021 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Matthews is currently offline  James Matthews

Toe is in the water

If you can email me the the ones you spotted I'll see what I can do. This was a 530,000 word story with just lil ol me re editing so a few may have slipped through.

Thanks.
Re: Puppy For Sale - Republish.  [message #77807 is a reply to message #77806] Thu, 13 May 2021 19:46 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

"James Matthews wrote on Thu, 13 May 2021 20:36"
If you can email me the the ones you spotted I'll see what I can do. This was a 530,000 word story with just lil ol me re editing so a few may have slipped through.

Thanks.

--
I can edit the chapters as you find errors.

What I need to be sent is :

"Replace

[OLD TEXT]

by 

[NEW TEXT]
"

Then I can work through them quietly.  I'd rather do them as they come out, but we can catch up easily

Please don't send me whole replacement chapters

[Updated on: Thu, 13 May 2021 19:56]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Looking for a story
Next Topic: And now for something completely different....
Goto Forum: