A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > The Sky Is A Mirror, Charlie Boone by Geron Kees
The Sky Is A Mirror, Charlie Boone by Geron Kees  [message #77932] Sun, 04 July 2021 19:37 Go to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/geron-kees/charlie-boon e/17.html

I just started reading Geron's latest. Not too far into it yet, but I've got to say, I absolutely love where it seems this tale is going! More first class entertainment for Independence Day! (Take that, King George! 🤣)

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: The Sky Is A Mirror, Charlie Boone by Geron Kees  [message #77944 is a reply to message #77932] Mon, 05 July 2021 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geron Kees is currently offline  Geron Kees

Likes it here

That's very kind of you, Teddy. I can hardly imagine Independence Day, Halloween, or Christmas without a story for it. I never knew, when I wrote the first Charlie Boone, that it would become a habit! Razz

[Updated on: Mon, 05 July 2021 19:51]

Re: The Sky Is A Mirror, Charlie Boone by Geron Kees  [message #77981 is a reply to message #77944] Sat, 07 August 2021 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

This is one of the most innovative Charlie Boone tales yet, and that is saying something, since all of them have a degree of innovation.

It was also fascinating to see Sefton contribute in a big way to this story.  And the new characters -- Durapar, Martril, Eseffa, Joril, and the new, previously not introduced Moth characters.

So will we eventually see Charlie and the guys have an another adventure, starting out on Lyrgris?  
Re: The Sky Is A Mirror, Charlie Boone by Geron Kees  [message #77982 is a reply to message #77981] Sun, 08 August 2021 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Hi Again!

The cast list of the CB tales has grown to fairly epic proportions. I like to try to give everyone a shot at participating. Sefton showed hmself to be a caring friend in earlier tales. He needed an outing with the guys.

Now that Lyrgris has been introduced, I don't intend to forget about it. Eseffa and Jorli will need to be kept around, too. It's only a few weeks until I'll need to start on the Halloween tale. Any suggestions? Very Happy

Re: The Sky Is A Mirror, Charlie Boone by Geron Kees  [message #78012 is a reply to message #77982] Fri, 13 August 2021 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

I would like to see Keerby in a Halloween story. Imagine a Halloween story with Keerby and Auggie and Bob Travers and Horace and pBobby and Kontus! And throw in Ricky's little brother, Ronyx Geron Travers, and Ricky's little sister, Rhonda Geraldine Travers. (You are welcome to use those names if you wish.)

Maybe a new character to Charlie Boone makes an appearance -- you pick a name. Or I might suggest Jerry Keyes or Garrett Keyes?
Re: The Sky Is A Mirror, Charlie Boone by Geron Kees  [message #78017 is a reply to message #78012] Sat, 14 August 2021 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Ronyx Geron Travers, and Rhonda Geraldine Travers????

Whoo-hoo! Going by the RGT format, what name are you thinking for Ricky's middle?

I have only been absently considering the plot of the Halloween story yet. I have a few fleeting ideas, but nothing has settled. Auggie and Uncle Bob are sort of both associated with the Christmas story. I'm not sure I want to use them in the Halloween tale and NOT in the Christmas tale. And I'm not sure I want to use them in BOTH. I'm trying to keep the cast in each story manageable. But the ones that ARE there do need something to do, and not just do a walk-through.

I also don't think I want to put myself in the story. 'Garret Keyes' would be a little blatant, wouldn't it? Very Happy

But Keerby can probably be managed. He is do for another appearance! 

Re: The Sky Is A Mirror, Charlie Boone by Geron Kees  [message #78018 is a reply to message #78017] Sat, 14 August 2021 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Ricky's name?  Richard Gerome Travers, of course.  I had a friend, who passed in the last five years, whose first names were Gerome and Richard.  A great guy.  But he went by another name entirely, a nickname not sounding like either.

I would love to see Keerby in a Halloween story.  Just imagine the adventures Keerby, Kontus, Casper, Kippy, and Bobby could get into, causing concern to Charlie, Ragal, Mike, Horace, and of course, Rick and Adrian.  But using those as the main characters might be tricky, unless continual exposure to Pacha (and sometimes exposure to elves, has caused Kontus to become the first Trichani power user).

If you want more ideas, I would be happy to email you and give you another 5 or 12----

Re: The Sky Is A Mirror, Charlie Boone by Geron Kees  [message #78029 is a reply to message #78018] Mon, 16 August 2021 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

I don't know about Gerome. Kippy would never leave him alone about that! :)

Keerby can come back. And it's time for Pacha, Kontus, Mike, and Bobby to put in an appearance, too. And it's hard to leave Ragal and Casper out of anything, being as they live right there on Engris. 

Sounds like Halloween will be busy for the guys! 
Re: The Sky Is A Mirror, Charlie Boone by Geron Kees  [message #78040 is a reply to message #78017] Tue, 17 August 2021 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luvtwinks is currently offline  luvtwinks

Likes it here

"Geron Kees wrote on Sat, 14 August 2021 17:10"
I also don't think I want to put myself in the story. 'Garret Keyes' would be a little blatant, wouldn't it? Very Happy

--
I seem to recall in Z Is For Zombie one of the characters was reading a book authored by "Jerry Keys". 😀

[Updated on: Tue, 17 August 2021 15:24]

Re: The Sky Is A Mirror, Charlie Boone by Geron Kees  [message #78041 is a reply to message #78040] Tue, 17 August 2021 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

I seem to recall in Z Is For Zombie one of the characters was reading a book authored by "Jerry Keys".

Um...oops. You're right. Guilty. 

I also said the guy was a hack! :)

Re: The Sky Is A Mirror, Charlie Boone by Geron Kees  [message #78042 is a reply to message #78040] Tue, 17 August 2021 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivor slipper is currently offline  ivor slipper

Likes it here

"luvtwinks wrote on Tue, 17 August 2021 15:24"

"Geron Kees wrote on Sat, 14 August 2021 17:10"

--
I seem to recall in Z Is For Zombie one of the characters was reading a book authored by "Jerry Keys". 😀

--

And I had characters in one of my stories reading and discussing Z is for Zombie while it was being posted. :d
Re: The Sky Is A Mirror, Charlie Boone by Geron Kees  [message #78046 is a reply to message #78042] Wed, 18 August 2021 16:57 Go to previous message

Likes it here

That's right, you did. Deserves a smile, at least! :)
Previous Topic: The Pretenders
Next Topic: A Walk in the Country
Goto Forum: