A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > In Skater's Time
In Skater's Time  [message #77945] Mon, 05 July 2021 17:57 Go to next message
JCDII is currently offline  JCDII

Getting started

Hi all,
  I'm a bit surprised that no one has commented on the out of order chapters of this story.
I have written both to the author and to Tim.  Chapter 13 is called 'Skip' and should really follow
the current chapter - 15, as Z has just met Skip!
I also follow this story on another site and it seems to be in order, but IOMFATS updates more
often.  I like the story and the author and just noticed things out of sync with the continuity.
that's all - John
Re: In Skater's Time  [message #77947 is a reply to message #77945] Mon, 05 July 2021 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

All I know, John is that it is in the same order as the source file Rick Beck sent to me

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: In Skater's Time  [message #77948 is a reply to message #77945] Mon, 05 July 2021 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luvtwinks is currently offline  luvtwinks

Likes it here

I noticed that too! I thought maybe I had a few too many adult beverages while reading previous chapters. Glad to see it's not just me...
Re: In Skater's Time  [message #77958 is a reply to message #77948] Fri, 09 July 2021 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

If nothing else, one can always e-mail the author and ask.  (I don't think Rick Beck hangs out here on the forums - or at least he doesn't make comments if he does; I know I was a part of a discussion on one of his other stories a while back, and he never did comment on any of the things brought up in the thread).
Re: In Skater's Time  [message #77960 is a reply to message #77958] Fri, 09 July 2021 11:21 Go to previous message
JCDII is currently offline  JCDII

Getting started

Thanks Timmy, Mark and luvtwinks for replying.  I did contact Rick and he did send me a rather lenghty email that thanked me
for being observant,....but never really addressed the mix up in the later chapters.  He did say this was a rewrite and he added
a bit more to the beginning.
He also sent a follow up after I replied, that was mostly about his history of writing stories and the few sites there
were in the 90's to post them.
All seems to have worked out now as the chapters are in sync as we get near the end of the story.
Previous Topic: I'm looking for a story that I read on the gay authors site but it went.
Next Topic: Effigy (by Geron Kees)
Goto Forum: