A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:
Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #24268] Fri, 13 May 2005 09:48 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I received this letter from Grasshopper last night, on the 12th May [edited by me coz I put in 12 April] 2005. I was too surprised, then, to do what he asked and post it yesterday, so here it is now. It is sad but happy to say that Grasshopper is leaving us. I have been honoured and thrilled to have been a confidant, adviser, and friend. He has decided to leave us his stories and I invite you to join with me in wishing him well and a happy journey. Regrettably there will be no e-mail or other way to contact him, but I'd think he will enjoy seeing nice remarks on the message board from time to time. I'm going to miss him a lot.

He says (and it was addressed to me, but I have changed it to be to you all):

Dear Friends,

I have the BIGGEST news !! I am really excited right now. You know how everybody always kids me about being a real cowboy? Well, I think I'm gonna be one now Smile

My uncle has asked my daddy to come help him run the ranch out west. I've been there and it's wonderful, but I never dreamed I'd get to live there Smile Daddy said that he has asked him before, but until the storms last year, we were doing okay. Now, it seems like the perfect plan. Mama and Daddy were worried that I'd be upset, but I really am excited. We have been talking about this for months and after Daddy's illness we decided to go and so now we are. This is the last time I'll see you here for a long while cause we leave next week. Our farm finally sold.

I'm feeling all kinds of ways; happy, excited, and a little sad. My uncle needs my daddy's help and Daddy says he needs mine Smile We have so much to do when we get out there. The house we will have is kinda old, but Mama says it will be cool. I get the attic Smile Grandmom will get to be with her other grandkids too.

I'll be sorry that I have to leave here, but I must help my family, and it will be such a great adventure; new animals, new country, lots of things to do and see. We sure don't want to wait to see what the hurricanes do this summer, right?

I want to thank all of my friends and people who have loved my stories and for all their kind words. It has meant a lot to me. I know there's been some yuck too and with everything going on with me I need to go badly okay? Even though I won't be here anymore my stories will and that makes me smile.

Super {{hugs}}
Grasshopper

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:30]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School

Read Message  
Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message