A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Are you feeling fabulous yet?
Are you feeling fabulous yet?  [message #67246] Tue, 18 December 2012 13:38 Go to previous message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Yesterday Andrew Belonsky wrote convincingly at Towleroad in the blog's daily closing article, "I'm Gay: The 50 Most Powerful Coming Outs of 2012", of the breadth and scope, diversity if you will, and of the empowerment, provided by these brave souls.  I could not help tearing up as I read many a summation accorded each individual and their poignant, and often heart-wrenching, story.

Andrew is one but many an author contributing to a story arc that has been a year-long event at Towelroad.  You'll find them all archived here.

In short, Andy Towle and his staff are declaring "2012: The Gayest year ever".

HOW FABULOUS IS THAT?©®™

Media attention like this just makes me want to wrap myself in fuchsia (maybe pink anyone?) and lavender and strut my stuff anew all up and down the gay boulevard, ankle-length otter draped over my shoulders, boa and single-strand and knotted, heirloom, pearls flying, shod in my Joan Crawford come fuck-me pumps, seamed silk-stockings and garter belt, drenched in my best designer fragrance and livery, bejewelled and bedecked to the nines, proclaiming my fabulousness to all and sundry.  The problem is I've done it all before, in what seems centuries ago ... well at least a lifetime no matter how you count it ... and I can't help but wonder "When will events in Mr. Belonsky's article (and others') become non-events?"  "When will Gay-marriage simply be marriage?"  "When will one's sexuality be a non-starter and not something that principally defines who we are in the minds of others?"

And I do have other questions too ... what about you?

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Tue, 18 December 2012 15:53]

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: "I'm gay because I was raped"
Next Topic: The phrase "Same Sex Attraction"
Goto Forum:

[ RSS ]