A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Being a Boy is a wonderful state
Being a Boy is a wonderful state  [message #68326] Tue, 18 February 2014 17:14 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

At work today, out in the fresh air, driving the harbour taxi, I saw boys on half term. I mean boys way below the age of any sexual awareness or interest. I just mean boys. And the pure state of boyhood struck me as a wonderful, glorious thing. The facial expressions when just being silly, or relaxing, or daring other boys to do things...

I wish that persisted even into puberty, let alone adulthood. It fades all to quickly as the serious business of teenage starts, then as responsibilities start.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: Uganda: Finally some traction where none had previously been seen to be forthcoming.
Next Topic: Unwanted Attention: I Feel Harassed
Goto Forum:

[ RSS ]