A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Ashley, our friend from another place reminds me...
Ashley, our friend from another place reminds me...  [message #68707] Mon, 10 November 2014 14:53
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

that tomorrow is Remembrance Day throughout much of the Commonwealth and a handful of other countries.

Please, do take a moment or two, pausing and reflecting upon the sacrifice these often to us nameless warriors have made in the cause of rights and freedoms a goodly portion of the World enjoys; which we likely would not have without them.

With Canada's renewed involvement in the middle east this past month, however regrettable, our "Highway of Heros" will likely see more activity in the foreseeable future after a almost two-year hiatus.  Whilst I initially had objected to the re-naming of Ontario's MacDonald-Cartier Freeway, the nation has embraced with previously unheard of compassion the passage of each flag-draped casket as it has slowly traveled down that highway from CFB Trenton to Toronto's Centre for Forensic Sciences for processing upon each fallen soldier's return to Canada.  Thousands of Canadians, caps in hand with heads bowed each, and every time, have lined the long unbroken stretches of roadway and every over- and under-pass, from one end to the other, as traffic lights are put on hold, one after another, as the cortège approaches and then passes by, bringing all vehicles to a halt, in sequence throughout its' entire length of nearly two hundred kilometres.

Like last year, Alan and I will be attending Remembrance day Mass at out local Church with one of the Church-ladies we've become involved with in a couple of local charities this past few years.

This year my son and I both will be sporting (as we have all Remembrance Week) fabulous "White" cloth Poppies so generously provided to me by an acquaintance of ours, and yours, Nick Weeks; you may remember him.

Thank you Nick, I love reading the stories you share about the new home and your settling in. Keep them coming.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 November 2014 14:56]

Read Message  
Previous Topic: Let's help the It Gets Better Project - Pick of the Day
Next Topic: I simply don't know how I missed this the first time around...
Goto Forum:

[ RSS ]