A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > The Fall season (in the Northern Hemisphere) is a time of much celebration...
The Fall season (in the Northern Hemisphere) is a time of much celebration...  [message #68748] Sat, 06 December 2014 01:25 Go to previous message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... whether that be Ramadan, Eid, Thanksgiving, Hanukah, Christmas or New Years, amongst others.

Please, what is it about your favourite celebration you like most?

State the occasion and why.

I start things rolling:

Thanksgiving

As a child growing up Thanksgiving was the single celebration that my entire family would sit down to as a collective group, and the only occasion where all backbiting, entrenched bitterness and family squabbles were not simply set aside, but forgotten for the duration of the day.

In later years this became of paramount importance to me, as it soon became apparent to everyone that my father and I could not cohabitate within the same space.  Thanksgiving became my welcome refuge from the ever present storm.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: Photo sizes
Next Topic: What is so wonderful about being homosexual?
Goto Forum:

[ RSS ]