A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Could Anyone Help with Identifying This Series?
icon5.gif Could Anyone Help with Identifying This Series?  [message #70958] Thu, 28 January 2016 10:27 Go to previous message
DJAdams

Getting started

Does anyone know what story this is?

It was a particularly long story. It started with a boy named Abe joining the Confederate Army (I THINK he was in military school first). He worked mostly as a spy until he was captured and jailed. A young male affiliate (Son or nephew?) of the jailer ended up springing Abe free. The two decided they'd had enough of the war and fled west together, fighting off Indians along the trail and such. They ended up in San Francisco, where Abe became a U.S. Marshal and his boyfriend sought to start a symphony.

Other details include:
An old Chinese man playing a prominent role.

Abe's boyfriend, whose name I forget, was an accomplished violinist.

Samuel Clemens, better known as Mark Twain, was a personal friend of Abe's.

The boys in question were teenagers.

What was the name of this story?! If I recall correctly, this one may not have been on either Nifty or IOMFATS. I know, piece of cake, right? Anyone? Bueller?

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: Mark Behr - Author of 'Smell of Apples' and 'Embrace'
Next Topic: Unashamed Self-Publicity
Goto Forum:

[ RSS ]