A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Car fans, a treat is coming: Rules of the Road
Car fans, a treat is coming: Rules of the Road  [message #71278] Mon, 21 March 2016 19:26 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Ok, I know Daisy's Legs in the Dukes of Hazzard are not really our thing, but I rather liked the General Lee.

Yes, I like cars!

No, I've never had an awesome one, I wanted a Citroën Traction Avant when I was a kid, but never got one, and also an Austin Champ, but with the Rolls Royce engine. Their reverse gear was a transfer box, so you could go flat out in backwards! I never got one of those either. Instead I got one of these!

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=2420&private=0

It would hit 96mph on a good day, and that was after I breathed on the engine!.

The fastest car I had was a 4.2 litre Jag XJ6, actually an XJ40 [but who has ever heard of those?], which was really a very high speed sofa with a certain amount of roadholding if you gave advance notice in triplicate of a bend.

But I digress. Starting on Wednesday we have a new author, Geron Kees [he posts here sometimes], with a tale for petrol-heads. Is 'gas-head' a US term, I wonder?

I don't usually trail new stories, and I have no idea if Castrol R is just a UK product, but it is the definitve smell of motor sport for me! Damn, I've digressed again!

Anyway, Wednesday 23rd March unveils something not only to rival Daisy's Legs, but there is no Boss Hogg, and only Geron can tell us if there is a General Lee!

It's called Rules of the Road.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2016 19:37]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: Jamie's Gift
Next Topic: Contest procedural and nomenclature cockup - mine
Goto Forum:

[ RSS ]