A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Gay Labels...?
icon5.gif Gay Labels...?   [message #72865] Tue, 25 April 2017 08:41 Go to previous message
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

BEARS, OTTERS, FOXES and a Few Horney GOATS

LINK NSFW Viewing - http://www.advocate.com/photography/2017/4/22/104-photos-bea rs-otters-foxes-and-few-horny-goats-cerf-photography#slide-4 9

Ok so the article really doesn't have much to do with this post other than the fact that it stirred my curiosity regarding Gay-Lingo... (Did i get that right LoL)

I've been lucky enough as an individual to have lived the majority of my adult life so far as a Proud OUT Homosexual. However I've never really been drawn to the 'gays' ... I suppose gay culture as a whole is interesting enough, hell I am part of that culture after all, but I'd still rather have spent a weekend at the beach, or relaxing with mates or even sitting out having a braai (that last word is pronounced Br-Eye it's a South African BBQ Wink ) and having a few drinks. What I think I am trying to say is I'm just an average guy who likes guys.

All this now said I have to confess that I have never had any gay friends. Lesbian friends for sure, but no gay guys - which admittedly has left a rather large GAP in my general gay-lingo.
I often come across references in side articles, bio pieces and in other mixed mediums that leaves me scratching my head as I have no idea what they are talking about...

So what I am really trying to get at is the following - and I really do mean this quite sarcastically - is there a pocket book of gay phrases that I can pick up anywhere so I don't feel like such a troglodyte in the future Wink

"And so the lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick, masochistic lion"

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message