A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Looking for a little help
Looking for a little help  [message #72922] Tue, 30 May 2017 15:55 Go to previous message
Matthew is currently offline  Matthew

Toe is in the water

Hey, i have a favour to ask and while I'm not sure if this is something that happens a lot, i am currently playing with the idea of writing a 3rd story, my previous two have been a decent success (well i think they have, lol) but i wanted to try something a little different to how i wrote those stories and I'm not sure if it works or not

So what i wanted to ask, was if someone was interested in looking at what i have written so far and give me some feedback, the more honest the better, because as of right now, i am not sure on how big this story will be and how far i want to take it, so i kind of want to see if the style i want to go with, actually works, would hate to write multiple chapters and stuff, only to find out very quickly that i got it wrong and the way that i've written it, doesn't work at all

Obviously, i dont know how many people will offer their help, maybe no one will, which is fine (i will not cry... well maybe a little, but they will be manly tears, lol) and i don't want to send what I've written to too many people, so i think if i say i will send it to the first two people who offer their help, i think that will be fair and work out quite well, so i will be looking for the people who offer, to post a reply to this topic, that way people will be able to see that two people have offered help already, i think that's the best way to go about this, i hope, lol

I kind of initially wanted to stipulate for actual writers to offer help, but as i thought about it more, it seemed to be the wrong way to think about it, because you don't need to have written something, to know what you enjoy reading and what works or not, so yeah, I decided to make a point that i don't mind if you've actually written a story yourself or not, all i ask is that if you offer, you're doing so because you think you can help me and give me honest feedback

As a side note, even if i do get help, I'm still not sure if this story will work out, it's early in it's development and until i write a couple of chapters, I won't be able to decide whether i want to continue with it or not, if that makes sense, i just want to at least make sure the style/format is at least readable

Oh and i apologize if i rambled a little bit above, i am seriously bad at explaining and expressing myself, i can't help it, i just confuse myself half the time, so i can only imagine i confuse other people even more, lol

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: Mark and Me
Next Topic: In His Room Challenge