A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Call Me By Your Name
Call Me By Your Name  [message #73146] Mon, 07 August 2017 03:49 Go to previous message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

The first trailer for highly-anticipated gay romance Call Me By Your Name has arrived after the film received rave reviews at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival earlier this year.
Set in the Italian region of Lombardy in the 1980s, it charts the secret gay love affair between a 17-year-old boy (played by Timothée Chalamet) and 24-year-old student (Armie Hammer) while spending the summer together with the teen's family.
Directed by Luca Guadagnino, it's an adaptation of André Aciman's 2007 seminal novel.
However, the director defended his decision to cast straight actors in the roles during an interview earlier this year.
"This film is about the blossoming of love and desire, no matter where it comes from and toward what," Guadagnino told The Hollywood Reporter. "So I couldn't have ever thought of casting with any sort of gender agenda.
"I think people are so beautiful and complex as creatures that as much as I am fascinated with gender theory -- I've studied [American gender theorist] Judith Butler for so long -- I prefer much more never to investigate or label my performers in any way."
Call Me By Your Name will be in cinemas from 27 October in the UK and 24 November in the US.
<iframe width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen src=" //www.vulture.com/media/components/ooyala-player/iframe.html ?ooyala-player-uri=www.vulture.com/components/ooyala-player/ instances/cj5tplbxr00003k5tyx16rja9@published "></iframe>

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: Feeling sad and nostalgic
Next Topic: Of anniversaries
Goto Forum:

[ RSS ]