A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > "Hello Buoys!"
"Hello Buoys!"  [message #73572] Fri, 27 October 2017 21:05 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

As a shameless piece of self promotion, I have started to write a series of vignettes where things other than just the love between the boys are more important. "Hello Buoys!" is the result.

In many ways it is experimental, an attempt to see if I can convey the excitement of a sport that is probably outside the experience of many readers while keeping it in a gay teenage romance niche. Time will tell whether I am anywhere near succeeding with that endeavour. I have an outline plan for a series of four vignettes, though I reserve the right to create more or fewer!

I wonder if you've noticed that I provide background notes to the stories I've written over the years. "Hello Buoys has a small segment devoted to it.

I'm not releasing it as a contiguous serial. It's a series, and does not require 100% continuity.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 October 2017 08:09]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message