A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > The Frost Covered Marker by Geron Kees
The Frost Covered Marker by Geron Kees  [message #73643] Sat, 18 November 2017 13:55 Go to previous message
Nigel Gordon is currently offline  Nigel Gordon

Getting started

There are some short stories which are well written. There are others that make you think. It is rare to find a well written short story that also makes you think. This is one of them. It is an exceptionally well written story that truely evokes a feeling of time and place within the reader. It also makes you aware of the sacrifices that were made by many in the resistance to the German occupation of Norway during the second world war. I worked frequently in both Denmark and Sweden and during those times came into contact with many Norwegieans who had been involved in the resistance. The feeling that I got from them when they spoke about their country is what I get from the story. It is one I certainly recommend anyone to read.

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: Solsticeman - Jeff Ellis
Next Topic: Who is reading Rivers of the Dead
Goto Forum:

[ RSS ]