A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > The Bully and the Bullied
The Bully and the Bullied  [message #75269] Tue, 04 December 2018 22:19 Go to previous message
American_Alex

Toe is in the water

Wow, does this story have a lot of plot twists! Just when I thought it was winding down, something unexpected happens. They must be living in the single most bi-polar town in the world; everybody is either a saint or a bastard, with nothing betwwen. Maybe there is something in the water? I can only assume that it was set at some time in the past; the part where Michael had a phone line installed would, I assume, put us at least 20 years in the past....

One thing about this and a couple of other recent stories here is the depiction of official incompetance, malfeasance, and cruelty. I mean, it's obvious that the author is English (no 13 year old American boy would EVER say "It's about bloody time", unless doing so with a fake British accent), so I can only assume that most British writers here base their ideas on American rural culture from watching the movie Deliverance. Trust me, it's not THAT bad, even down in the "incest belt" of out southern states.

"Able was I ere I saw Elba"

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message icon7.gif
Read Message  
Previous Topic: 2019 Challenge - Non Consent
Next Topic: Christmas 2018
Goto Forum:

[ RSS ]