A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > A Rotten Christmas by Jolyon Lewes
icon7.gif A Rotten Christmas by Jolyon Lewes  [message #75317] Fri, 21 December 2018 16:52 Go to previous message
William King is currently offline  William King

Toe is in the water

This was a brilliantly written story, superb in every detail. It's not too often one picks up a book that simply can't be put down. It read like one of the best period drama that the British are so good at, it was right up there with Another Country. I simply can't believe that chapter four is the end, when I could so easily have read on and on, I was captivated and enthralled.

Even more impressive was the lack of any mistakes, so as an author Jolyon Lewes is either not just a brilliant writer but multi-talented editor and proof reader, or has the support of a very good editor. Do I have any criticisms? Well YES, that there are only four chapters, please write some more, because it's strange to think that this new and wonderful story ends so soon!

http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/jolyon-lewes/a-rotten-c hristmas/01.html

Read Message icon7.gif
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: The Best Christmas by Victor Thomas
Next Topic: It's Time for Christmas Wishes, Charlie Boone by Geron Kees
Goto Forum:

[ RSS ]