A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Two Tumblr Questions
Two Tumblr Questions  [message #75404] Tue, 15 January 2019 20:01 Go to previous message
Ian Fatima is currently offline  Ian Fatima

Getting started

I noticed that Timmy's Tumblr blog was nuked for a second time. First it was "happybarbariandinosaur.tumblr.com," then "nerdyhottubexpert.tumblr.com," and now it has just reemerged as "nerdy hottubexpert2.tumblr.com."

I have a 45,000 picture collection. Some of them are the same photos everybody has, but at least 8000 of them are rare and unique photos, having been collected by another person before Tumblr even existed. Tumblr debuted in 2007, and the archive I have was assembled from the internet between the late 1990's and 2010, from websites such as Webshots, Flickr, Geocities, Tripod, and Angelfire. Many of the photos have dates on them such as 1997, 2004, or 2008. I was given access to the archive and picked out about 8000 photos from the 25,000 total, to enlarge my already giant collection of photos.

I was thinking of uploading some of my 45,000 picture collection to Tumblr, but I've got a couple of questions: 

1.) Is the nuking due to blatantly sexual content, or due to the young age of many of the subjects in the photos?

2.) Also, is the pages feature (Previous Page/Next Page) a regular Tumblr feature, or due to your own complex custom html? I can't find a tab for pages on the Tumblr dashboard. Your pages feature works better than waiting for photos to load on one endless page, as in the case of the one long page on "jakeisthedreamer.tumblr.com."

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message