A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Publishing, Kindle, E-readers and Paper
Publishing, Kindle, E-readers and Paper  [message #75457] Tue, 29 January 2019 22:27 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Like many of us, I have received an offer of publication from an organisation, one which seems to scatter gun broadcast offers of publication to anyone appearing in any literary site. And the offer made me look at an unpublished work and hone it for potential publication. I polished it, I designed a cover, and then I used my brain and read their contract and did a search for them by name.

I do not wish to mention them by name here. The site I link to can do that, so please, in any replues, do not mention theor name either.

Their print quality is good. One of our authors, Andrew Foote has Boy on the Towpath printed with them, and has been truly generous and sent me a signed copy. It is obviously vanity publishing, pretty much like this web site when all is said and done.  I am in the vanity publishing business myself, after all. But no matter.

I am in the process of using Kindle Direct Publishing from Amazon, now. For me the benefits are better than the other lot. I can actually receive royalties in my hot and sticky hand, whereas for them I must average a lot of € per month or I will receive a voucher to redeem against another book in their stable.

Horses for courses, I think. I have not yet pressed the "publish now" button, because I am still digging my way though the remaining errors, but I will.

[Updated on: Wed, 30 January 2019 19:56]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message