A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > The Inspiration thread was not doing its job (merged with Artistic Appreciation and Censorship)
The Inspiration thread was not doing its job (merged with Artistic Appreciation and Censorship)  [message #75364] Wed, 02 January 2019 16:35 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I must admit that I thought it was, at least at first, but there are far better sources of inspiration than this thread. Tumblr is one such. Despite a reputation there for nuking blogs, experimentation there shows that clean, non sexualised pictures, stay online, mostly. It is better designed for this.

I was prompted into this by some comments received, but they align with my own thoughts as well. I started it to give folk something to inspire them to write stories. And it has definitely inspired some of them.

By taking the unilateral decision to remove this thread I am aware that some of you will be angry. However, I have also been made aware that it prevents some authors from actually submitting material here.

Things change. It has had a good run, but it is now a simple part of the site's history.

I am fully aware of the irony, and that I have just "done a Tumblr" on my own forum!

[Updated on: Thu, 03 January 2019 14:32]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message