A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > twin flame??
twin flame??  [message #76292] Fri, 29 November 2019 00:04 Go to previous message
Imgayru is currently offline  Imgayru

Getting started

A "twin flame" is high-level spiritual love connection that can change the course of your life

Hi.
I've been lurking around on this site for several months. I love the stories on here and once in awhile I find a thread on this forum that i follow. Maybe this has been discussed before...but its hard to look back over so many years of forum.

I have been married for a few years...we'll say since it was made legal where i am. I am very happily married. My husband is my soul mate, my best friend. And, honestly, I feel like my marriage is getting better and better all the time.
So, what could possibly cause a problem??

About a year ago, I met a guy. We have become friends. Very good, very close friends. No, not physical friends, although, in my mind, sometimes I doubt that I would be able to say "no" if the opportunity were to come up where it could become physical.
My friend is not coming on to me. But i have feelings of love for him.
Even though he has not told me that he has any feelings toward me, there are reasons to believe that he does.
I have been upfront with him about my feelings. He seems to respect it and doesn't discourage it. Actually, he seems to ENCOURAGE it.
We've acknowledged that our friendship is stronger than any "normal" friendship.
We both tell each other that we love each other. It has come to a point to where it almost seems normal to say it.
We seem to have an uncanny connection with each other. We think the same things a lot. We sometimes finish each other's sentences.
I heard a term once, "twin flame" that seems to describe us. He's like a soul mate in some way.
My husband knows him. And he likes him. Both my husband and I see this person as a genuinely decent person. And my friend sees my husband as a friend and a wonderful husband to me.
But my friend and I have decided that some things we talk about are private and intimate between us. He does not intend to do anything that would destroy the respect that he and my husband have for each other. But we both sort of feel that our "love" feelings we have for each other is okay for us. Aside from the fact that we just think its best to keep our feelings private, we feel that we are doing nothing wrong.

I guess I could call what I have with my friend is a "crush", but its hard for me to see it as that. Something physical, although something that I think would be wonderful if it happened, is not something we are dwelling on. We are simply best friends who have a special love for each other. The love feels good. It's different from what I feel for my husband.

I guess the reason I am writing this is because, even though we have never crossed a line to a physical relationship, I feel guilty about my feelings.
I am completely in love with my husband and feeling more in love with him every day. But, I feel like I am also in love with my other "best friend".
I don't believe my husband i blind to my feelings for my friend. Quite frankly, when we are both around my friend, I don't think i am capable of hiding my feelings because of the way I look and act around him. But, I go thru life everyday keeping it all to myself, as much as possible, so as not to cause stress on my marriage.
Breaking contact with my best friend simply does not seem like a fair thing to do.

I am an older guy. And I have had my share of relationships, both good and bad. I have a great appreciation for my husband and my marriage. But I also feel like this "love" relationship with my friend is somehow necessary in my life. I am relaxed with it. I am happier as a person since these feelings have come to light, except for the guilt i feel for having the feelings.

All I ask of anyone who responds to this is that I would prefer to hear something other than it would be in my best interest to break contact with my friend.
Breaking contact with a best friend just seems like an unfair way to deal with something that, for all intents and purposes, is creating something positive in my life.
Is anyone else experiencing this or has anyone ever experienced it and had a positive outcome in the end...without disrupting everybody's life?

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message