A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Be My Boyfriend Challenge
Be My Boyfriend Challenge  [message #76523] Mon, 03 February 2020 18:24 Go to previous message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

I enjoyed the story "I Want to Hold Your Hand" in the "Be  My Boyfriend" challenge.  Victor Thomas is growing as an author.  

I live less than three hours from where the fictional high school in Labette County, Kansas, would be, and am familiar with a little of the territory, such as Pittsburg, Parsons, Joplin Missouri, and so on.  I think Victor does a good job on  the description of the types of stuff gay and bi guys face in such an environment.  I grew up 5 hours from the fictional location, in rural Missouri, and am all too familiar with the prejudices in some areas.  

I was saddened to see so few entries in the challenge just ended.  Some of the best stories on the IOMfAtS site have arrived there in the writing challenges.  However, timing might have played a part.  In the United States, for example, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Eve and New Year's Day all happen in a 33 day time span.  Some authors may have decided that time was too limited to write the type of story they wished.

Don's reaction in Kansas after living in Virginia, and what he described as happening in his Virginia high school, was right on the proverbial money.  We lose too many of our gay persons to suicide.  It is a tragedy to have a world where this happens.

Victor, when are you going to write the story of how Andrew got his boyfriend?  Some of us would like to know.  

Timmy, thanks for hosting the challenges.

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: help find a story
Next Topic: Dome of Death by Rigby Taylor
Goto Forum:

[ RSS ]