A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Black Lives Matter / Gay Lives Matter
Black Lives Matter / Gay Lives Matter  [message #76956] Mon, 01 June 2020 20:45 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

It is appalling to watch two right wing leaders, Cadet Bonespurs in the USA and the Fatberg in the UK recently.

I have no frame of reference for the USA save pure human disgust at the reckless disregard the USA and its law officers have for Black Lives. Any further comment from me would be out of disgusted ignorance. I hope someone understanding the USA will post a far better commentary than I could in this very serious issue.

In the UK I can comment on our Fatberg. The simplest is to search for his attidude to homosexual humans, and black humans. And I find this: Boris Johnson called gay men 'tank-topped bumboys' and black people 'piccaninnies' with 'watermelon smiles'

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5132&private=0

Today in the UK, Section 28 of the local Government Act 1988 is trending on Twitter because this is the start of Pride Month. And we see the Fatberg's party's tweets pretending to be in support. But look at their voting record:

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5133&private=0

Here is a typical tweet today calling out hypocrisy

We could argue that the leopard has changed its spots, but I think it is simply waiting to bite again.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 June 2020 06:42]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message