A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Difficult reading further?
Difficult reading further?  [message #77683] Sat, 27 March 2021 01:23 Go to previous message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

Am I alone in this or are there others of you out there who at times grind to a halt reading a story, not because it is a bad story but because the main character seems about to do something really stupid such as implode his relationship by sleeping with someone else, or it seems that something very heartbreaking is about rip him from the arms of his lover and you just can't handle what you know is going to happen?

I've gone so far on one occasion to write a well established author here whom I have a great deal of respect for, not to complain, but to tell them I'm having difficulty continuing to read the story due to a certain event therein, and asking if they're willing to give me a hint that everything works out in the end. The author was very gracious and replied that yes, he was certain that in the end I would be pleased with the outcome. 

This is me over the last half dozen years. I never used to be that way but now I am. I guess I've gone soft or something. 

Be that as it may, please continue to write your stories as your muse reveals them to you. I'll survive! Just don't kill off the heroes in the last three paragraphs or I'll haunt you for life!
blob:http://forum.iomfats.org/a57bdda5-30ee-424e-b583-82454c6f8669

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message icon12.gif
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: Not revealed yet...