A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Uganda Antigay Bill Going Forward
Uganda Antigay Bill Going Forward  [message #65709] Sun, 08 May 2011 16:17 Go to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

"Uganda’s “kill the gays” bill may come to a vote in parliament within the next week."

Read the rest here:
http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/05/06/Uganda_Antigay_Bill_Going_Forward/

More here:
http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/2011/05/06/32390#comments

[Updated on: Sun, 08 May 2011 16:19]

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Re: Uganda Antigay Bill Going Forward  [message #65710 is a reply to message #65709] Sun, 08 May 2011 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Much of me is tempted to say that we should just let the africans kill each other. They've been doing it for years. It's like a hobby to them. And they 'invented' slavery and sold their conquered populations to the USA via any intermediary who would pay them for them.

The saner part is disgusted with them. And I am carrying on my protest.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Uganda Antigay Bill Going Forward  [message #65711 is a reply to message #65710] Sun, 08 May 2011 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benji is currently offline  Benji

Likes it here

This witch hunt looks to be a rapidly growing holocaust for gays in Uganda. I really wish the US government could prosecute those 'so called American Ministers' for inciting this.
SIgn, please, and pass it on  [message #65717 is a reply to message #65709] Mon, 09 May 2011 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I just signed a petition demanding that Ugandan President Musevini veto the "Kill The Gays" bill should it be passed in Parliament.

We just learned the “kill the gays” bill - a death sentence for LGBT people in Uganda - could come up for a vote in the next 72 hours if we don’t act now.

Conservative leaders are trying hard to push the bill forward before the millions like us who oppose it have a chance to speak out. If we can create a massive international outcry, theres a chance to stop this bill from becoming law.

This hateful bill appears to be a political diversion, a way to distract from the legitimate grievances of pro-democracy activists, who have been beaten, teargassed, jailed, and even killed in recent weeks.

There are only days left to make sure your voice is heard. Will you join me in demanding the Ugandan President Musevini veto the "Kill The Gays" bill should it be passed in Parliament? Sign and share this urgent petition:

http://www.allout.org/uganda

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: SIgn, please, and pass it on  [message #65719 is a reply to message #65717] Mon, 09 May 2011 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DesDownunder is currently offline  DesDownunder

Likes it here

I signed it.
These people must be stopped.

DesDownunder

Call me naive if you want, but life without trust in the goodness of others would be intolerable.

Religious indoctrination: It gets better, without it.
It got my "Vote"  [message #65723 is a reply to message #65719] Tue, 10 May 2011 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

This is simply "Looney Tunes" in today's society.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: It got my "Vote"  [message #65726 is a reply to message #65723] Tue, 10 May 2011 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

voted.

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: It got my "Vote"  [message #65734 is a reply to message #65726] Wed, 11 May 2011 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

It's over - maybe. http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/africa/4992507/Ugandan-anti-gay-bill-dropped

cheers (& well done!)

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: It got my "Vote"  [message #65735 is a reply to message #65734] Wed, 11 May 2011 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Let's make sure that the fat lady has sung, first. Bahati and Sempaa are sly creatures. Keep watch. I want to know from multiple sources that it has truly been dropped, is dead and buried. I don't trust Scott Lively and bigots like him, merchants of hate and death.

Re: It got my "Vote"  [message #65736 is a reply to message #65735] Wed, 11 May 2011 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Three hours ago Avaaz announced this on Facebook:

BREAKING: The Ugandan parliament has agreed to an emergency session this Friday, buying more time to discuss and potentially approve, the gay death penalty. We can't back down now, sign the petition if you haven't already, share it and send to everyone:

And, just to help out, the petition is here:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/uganda_stop_homophobia_petition/

Re: It got my "Vote"  [message #65740 is a reply to message #65736] Thu, 12 May 2011 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

Done. This definitely needs everyone. The "my one vote won't count" mentality just doesn't cut it.

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
From Avaaz yesterday  [message #65741 is a reply to message #65740] Thu, 12 May 2011 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Update May 11 - The Pressure is Working! President Museveni prevented the bill from coming to a vote today! But the anti-gay movement is fighting to bring it back in an emergency session. The signatures are being delivered directly to Uganda's parliament and there are hundreds of news stories today on this campaign. Let's ramp up the pressure - if we can stop this bill for 3 more days, this Parliament's options will run out - we'll win this!

http://www.avaaz.org/en/uganda_stop_homophobia_petition/

[Updated on: Thu, 12 May 2011 07:18]

Shelved  [message #65756 is a reply to message #65709] Mon, 16 May 2011 20:57 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Every individual who contributed made a difference. Currently the bill has been shelved. But we must stay alert

Previous Topic: Human intelligence...
Next Topic: Design By Disney
Goto Forum: