A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Even straight boys can't have fun...
icon13.gif Even straight boys can't have fun...  [message #65873] Sat, 18 June 2011 11:21 Go to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Granted we are all for the rights of individuals to express themselves in the LBGT community and that is often a point of contention in the straight world.

Here's something that occured between a mother and son that had negative consequences for the boy at school. It may all seem silly but it did take courage on the boy's part. I would just like to know what lesson was learned.

I can only assume the boy is not gay, no mention of that. The only thing this experiment might have taught him is that discrimination comes in so many forms. He looks like a nice lad, but he needs some fashion advice...a horrible dress. I wish the article had more to say, but read on:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43445423/ns/local_news-seattle_wa/?gt1=43001

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
icon4.gif A follow up...  [message #65882 is a reply to message #65873] Tue, 21 June 2011 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

OMG, he was suspended before for wearing a hat to school....WTF is wrong with these school officials? Of course this area of Washington State is a major bastion of right wing Christian thought, need I say more?
He plans to do it again. He ought to call the ACLU before he does. I wish him well.

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: A follow up...  [message #65883 is a reply to message #65882] Tue, 21 June 2011 18:56 Go to previous message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Interesting kid. The hair colour? - he seems to be a performance artist. The school needs to have some standards, but this lot are right over the top - suspended for wearing a hat? C'mon!

Can't find it, but i'm reminded of a tribute song about John Lennon which said 'Land of the Brave, Home of the Free, why can't you let him be what he wants to be?'

cheers

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Previous Topic: What have we become?
Next Topic: Gay Google
Goto Forum: