A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Australia Got Talent 2011 winner
Australia Got Talent 2011 winner  [message #66049] Tue, 02 August 2011 12:01 Go to next message
DesDownunder is currently offline  DesDownunder

Likes it here

The 14 year old Jack Vidgen with the golden tonsils and hair, won,
But 2nd was Consentino, the Magician, illusionist and escape artist, who I liked best.

The whole show this year was awash with first class talent. Outstanding!

DesDownunder

Call me naive if you want, but life without trust in the goodness of others would be intolerable.

Religious indoctrination: It gets better, without it.
icon14.gif Re: Australia Got Talent 2011 winner  [message #66050 is a reply to message #66049] Tue, 02 August 2011 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Have to admit the boy has great talent, but then I have always been partial to blonds.Razz

Not crazy about his kind of music. But he has time to grow and broaden his appeal into other kinds of music. It takes balls to stand up in front of a nation and half the world to give it his best shot.

He deserves to be a winner and he is. Looking forward to his career and to see what he might look like in a few years.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 August 2011 21:55]

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: Australia Got Talent 2011 winner  [message #66051 is a reply to message #66050] Tue, 02 August 2011 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Nah - don't like him sorry. He looks plastic and he sounds whiny, but yeah, good on him for doing what he likes. His audition song, I Have Nothing, was stunning but he should've stopped there.

This is real talent - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It1l1QZzLTU Is there anything this kid can't sing? Amazing!

cheers

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
icon14.gif Re: Australia Got Talent 2011 winner  [message #66052 is a reply to message #66051] Wed, 03 August 2011 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Can't argue with that, Kiwi. His choice of music is outstanding...this one is bound for glory. Smile

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: Australia Got Talent 2011 winner  [message #66125 is a reply to message #66051] Fri, 02 September 2011 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricky is currently offline  Ricky

Toe is in the water

We can't watch it here in the states. I don't suppose you could download it and send it to me. I mentor and document and preserve treble voices.

Wisdom does not come with age. It occurs because of it.
Re: Australia Got Talent 2011 winner  [message #66126 is a reply to message #66049] Fri, 02 September 2011 07:55 Go to previous message
Ricky is currently offline  Ricky

Toe is in the water

I just got his new CD. It is fantastic.
As far as I am concerned he had a lot of cahonies to try an unproven song, one he had written in such a high profile performance. It could have been a make or brake moment just by itself. The kid has talent all over the place. I have to say the blush he developed when the judge jumped up and kissed him before his song was even over was adorable.
I have all of his performances in the archive in HQ video. As well as his new CD.

The kid flat out rocks.

Wisdom does not come with age. It occurs because of it.
Previous Topic: Obsession - I need your help, and I need it now
Next Topic: Out of the mouths of babes yadda yadda yadda
Goto Forum: