A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Those Who Believe That Gay Folks Need To Be Executed
icon4.gif Those Who Believe That Gay Folks Need To Be Executed  [message #66120] Thu, 01 September 2011 14:27 Go to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

The following excerpts are from Joe Jervis' Joe.My.God blogsite. What needs to be taken in context is the fact that these folks are sadly not a small group of fanatics in the United States. The truth is that their numbers are large and growing, spurred on in part by a failing economy, and blatant propaganda by well funded corporate christian organisations. ie: Focus On The Family, Family Research Council, American Family Association, etc.

What is important to note, is that this is indeed a cold war, albeit cultural, nonetheless it is a war. Any person sadly who cannot see the stark reality of precisely just how harsh the rhetoric has become, indeed, will ultimately become a victim.

This is more than just a siren call for the LGBTQ community to take heed, it is also affects women's reproductive rights, Blacks, Asians, Hispanics, in fact any subset outside of this lily white and "christian" minority who subscribe to this theocratic political thought.

Words and rhetoric can kill as evidenced numerous times on a global scale the most recent being the tragedy in Norway. This is not about lone nutcases who are armed and commit unspeakable acts. These folk are not crazy- they follow a calculated approach to establishing a societal standard that matches their beliefs and rhetoric- as did the Norway shooter.

From Joe.My.God:

NEW YORK, NEW YORK -- Florida's Pastor Mike Stahl wants to create a "national registry of known atheists." That way, good Christians can scan the list for neighbors, boycott their Satanic businesses, and otherwise harass them. Hmm, where have we heard this idea before?

Now , many (especially the atheists ) , may ask “Why do this , what’s the purpose ?” Duhhh , Mr. Atheist , for the same purpose many States put the names and photos of convicted sex offenders and other ex-felons on the I-Net – to INFORM the public ! I mean , in the City of Miramar , Florida , where I live , the population is approx. 109,000 . My family and I would sure like to know how many of those 109,000 are ADMITTED atheists ! Perhaps we may actually know some . In which case we could begin to witness to them and warn them of the dangers of atheism . Or perhaps they are radical atheists , whose hearts are as hard as Pharaoh’s , in that case , if they are business owners , we would encourage all our Christian friends , as well as the various churches and their congregations NOT to patronize them as we would only be “feeding” Satan .

Blogger PZ Myers notes that a campaign urging atheists to be more public about their identity already exists. Myers concludes:
I’m out. Pastor Mike can get to work compiling his own damn list, and he can put me right at the top of it. Would he also like me to get a tattoo, or maybe wear an armband with a big red A on it? We’re not ashamed, but many of us are rightly afraid of the cretinous thugs who follow Pastor Mike’s Jesus.

NEW YORK, NEW YORK -- Evangelist Gary DeMar explains how the gay death penalty will work once Christians achieve dominion over the United States and install a theocratic government:

"Obviously, certain sins often may escape detection. Homosexuals who practice behind closed doors are out-of-bounds for the courts, of course, unless others witness their criminal behavior. Such behavior may not be dealt with by courts in history, but will be dealt with by God, either in history (e.g., AIDS) or eternity. The law that requires the death penalty for homosexual acts effectually drives the perversion of homosexuality underground, back to the closet, to the dark realm of shameful activity."

RELATED: Check out Warren Throckmorton's just-posted list of quotes from other dominionists on the subject of the gay death penalty. He concludes: "No wonder many social conservatives are out in force trying to deny that these movements have any consequence or have any influence on Rick Perry or Michele Bachmann."

NEW YORK, NEW YORK -- From the Statement of Principles of the Council of Conservative Citizens, the white supremacist group before whom Tony Perkins has spoken twice.

"We believe the United States is a European country and that Americans are part of the European people. We believe that the United States derives from and is an integral part of European civilization and the European people and that the American people and government should remain European in their composition and character. We therefore oppose the massive immigration of non-European and non-Western peoples into the United States that threatens to transform our nation into a non-European majority in our lifetime. [snip]

"We also oppose all efforts to mix the races of mankind, to promote non-white races over the European-American people through so-called “affirmative action” and similar measures, to destroy or denigrate the European-American heritage, including the heritage of the Southern people, and to force the integration of the races."

RELATED: Perkins made one of his speeches to the CCC while standing before a Confederate flag.
Re: Those Who Believe That Gay Folks Need To Be Executed  [message #66121 is a reply to message #66120] Thu, 01 September 2011 16:17 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I could have sworn the Europeans stole America from the native population by force and by deceit.

I think this mist be given its correct terminology, too. White Supremacist Fascism

While I feel nauseated by the article I feel t has a place wherever one cares to place it. These things must be seen for what they are.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Life Down Under...
Next Topic: Obsession - I need your help, and I need it now
Goto Forum: