A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Question for my British friends
icon5.gif Question for my British friends  [message #66280] Fri, 04 November 2011 18:55 Go to next message
Cameron is currently offline  Cameron

Toe is in the water

I was reading an article about Prince William and Kate that caused me to wonder about something. I thought maybe one of the members from England could answer my question.

The article said, "Just last week, the British parliament changed the country’s succession rules – in place for more than 300 years — to allow females to become the head of the monarchy. In other words, if Kate is indeed pregnant, and it’s a girl, the baby could be queen."

My question was if they just passed this change in the succession rules last week, how is it there is a female Queen now and has been many times before? It's not a really important question, I am just fascinated by all things Royal, I guess. Smile
Re: Question for my British friends  [message #66281 is a reply to message #66280] Fri, 04 November 2011 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

First of all, Cameron, these are still in the proposal stage and have to be passed into law by all the Commonwealth states (16 or 17) of which the monarchy is head. This will take several years probably. It was an announcement of intention, not fact.

The present monarch (Queen Elizabeth II) is there because she had no brothers.

Hugs
Nigel

PS - I like your idea of a 'female queen'. I've met many male queens. So I suppose it must be a valid expression.

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Question for my British friends  [message #66284 is a reply to message #66281] Fri, 04 November 2011 22:14 Go to previous message
Cameron is currently offline  Cameron

Toe is in the water

Thanks for the reply, Nigel. Smile
Previous Topic: This teacher has it right!
Next Topic: Missing person
Goto Forum: