A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Advance Warning
icon4.gif Advance Warning  [message #66482] Wed, 07 March 2012 23:47 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

At some point in the reasonably foreseeable future we will be upgrading the forum here. There will be a new style, much more in keeping with the brand of the main site, and some new facilities we haven't had before.

This version is software that is no longer maintainable, and it is creaking, and has been for some years. But we haven;t found a replacement until now.

Testing is under way. All old posts will be imported! We will also import all users AND passwords, too.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon14.gif Re: Advance Warning  [message #66484 is a reply to message #66482] Fri, 09 March 2012 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

getting closer. The good thing is that the new version has LOADS of online help in case we get lost!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Could we be calling ...  [message #66485 is a reply to message #66484] Sat, 10 March 2012 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... this forthcoming incarnation of the Forum "APOS 2.0"?

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: Could we be calling ...  [message #66486 is a reply to message #66485] Sat, 10 March 2012 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

You might think so, but no. We had a forum at the start whose name I can't recall, then we went to voy.com for a free forum, then we came in house with some software that worked well enough, then we deployed Agora and now we're moving to a new piece of software.

Wish I could remember the first forum place, IT went out of business because it couldn't afford to run free forums!

So it might be APOS 5.0!

Re: Could we be calling ...  [message #66488 is a reply to message #66486] Mon, 12 March 2012 00:20 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Now I have it. I found he oldest post here. Insidetheweb was the first provider. Seems that it lost loads of posts, so we abandoned it completely

Previous Topic: All Dead Mormons are now Gay
Next Topic: My moderator quest is still not complete
Goto Forum: