A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > the book
the book  [message #66627] Fri, 23 March 2012 11:34 Go to next message
jackk is currently offline  jackk

Getting started

Hi new forum!

Some of you may have read my most recent offering, "The Book" which has received favourable reviews from those of you who took the trouble to write to me.

I have a slight dilemma which I would like help with in solving. I have written a new ending to "The Book" - in fact it's more of an Epilogue; the story is unchanged - and I wonder whether someone would be prepared to read through it for me (the Epilogue - which is only a matter of a few pages long) and let me know wether or not it helps the story or if it is totally unnecessary or even ruins what is an ok story!

Anyone out there willing to help me end the agony?

Jack
Re: the book  [message #66628 is a reply to message #66627] Fri, 23 March 2012 12:05 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Jack gave me the chance to read the new ending. I can say that it takes nothing away from the story. It's a well crafted extra chapter. It's a plausible ending, yes. But I'm not sure it adds anything to the story, while it takes nothing away. It ties some loose ends up in a pleasing way. But do I want to have the loose ends tied up? Question

[Updated on: Fri, 23 March 2012 16:46] by Moderator

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Next Topic: Looking for good new stories and writers
Goto Forum: