A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Catchy Little Tune
icon5.gif Catchy Little Tune   [message #67413] Thu, 07 February 2013 14:05 Go to next message
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

Taylor Swift - I knew you were trouble.

I've been listening to this specific song for a few weeks now, it's catchy enough, I have no objection to the lyrics or melody, I don't find it as whiny as some of her other poor-me songs ... But it was only when I watched the Vevo Music Video on YouTube that I was struck by a spoken part of the song you don't hear on the radio...

Just in case there are any of you that have not heard this particular part of the song (Both Prologue and Epilogue) I've cut it in below for you.

"" I think--I think when it's all over,
It just comes back in flashes, you know?
It's like a kaleidoscope of memories.
It just all comes back. But he never does.
I think part of me knew the second I saw him that this would happen.
It's not really anything he said or anything he did,
It was the feeling that came along with it.
And the crazy thing is I don't know if I'm ever gonna feel that way again.
But I don't know if I should.
I knew his world moved too fast and burned too bright.
But I just thought, how can the devil be pulling you toward someone who looks so much like an angel when he smiles at you?
Maybe he knew that when he saw me.
I guess I just lost my balance.
I think that the worst part of it all wasn't losing him.
It was losing me.

<<SONG>>

I don't know if you know who you are until you lose who you are. ""

No musical pun intended but this really struck a cord in me. I'm feeling a little lost but don't know if I ever knew who I was to start with ... herein lies my paradox Confused Confused Confused

"And so the lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick, masochistic lion"
One certainty in anything "Taylor Swift" ...  [message #67415 is a reply to message #67413] Thu, 07 February 2013 15:25 Go to previous message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... if I were a wealthy heterosexual male, of some notoriety, and under the age of 25 I would run like hell in the opposite direction from that woman if she showed even the remotest interest in me.

However talented she is, and without a doubt talented she is, she is toxic and should be avoided at all costs. Each and every relationship she has entered into in recent memory has ended in shocking failure and a new Number One single on the Billboard Charts.

Not really my cup of tea.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada
Previous Topic: I'm Sick To My Gut...
Next Topic: Stephen Gately dies
Goto Forum: