A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Does resignation of this unpleasant Pope have any significance?
icon5.gif Does resignation of this unpleasant Pope have any significance?  [message #67441] Mon, 11 February 2013 15:20 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I was under the impression that you had to die in harness, or that they poisoned or strangled popes that were too old, but , despite that, will this old fool's resignation actually be of benefit?

The main things I see him as responsible for are the increase of HIV infection in Africa by his imbecilic insistence on not using condoms, and the paradoxical hardening of attitudes in favour of homosexuals by his preaching hatred against us.

Is there an old pope's home where he can be made to reflect on the harm his wealthy cult had fostered all over the world, and his part in covering up the major sexual abuse scandals?

[Updated on: Mon, 11 February 2013 16:38]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Does resignation of this unpleasant Pope have any significance?  [message #67442 is a reply to message #67441] Mon, 11 February 2013 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Whilst the jury is still out on whether Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger, Bishop of Rome, actually ever truly relinquished his hold on the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith once elevated and a new Prefect named, it is certain that he (and his successor) has done little to assuage the subsequent animus that office generated Worldwide as a result of his long tenure there.

It is being said he is resigning because increasing ill health doesn't enable him to adequately do justice to the office in this time of uncertainty and the nascent abandonment of faith within the church.

What is needed is a younger visionary who is prepared to jettison discriminatory theology and effectively clean house from top to bottom, starting with Ratzinger's old perch, through to and including the Society of Jesus and the Banco Ambrosio, all of which have contributed significantly to the numerous crisis the church has been facing this past 20-years or so.

Simply elevating another aging patriarch is not going to cut it; and it's going to have be someone from either the second or the third World, and not the first.

William Faulkner (excerpted from The Art Of Fiction No.12; The Paris Review, Spring 1956 No.12; author interviewed by Jean Stein) is quoted as saying (in the context of his performance as an author) "Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."

Ratzinger obviously had not read Faulkner; he has neither been better than his contemporaries or predecessors, nor himself since his becoming Bishop of Rome. A shame really. He could have done great things had he been so inclined.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Mon, 11 February 2013 16:45]

Re: Does resignation of this unpleasant Pope have any significance?  [message #67443 is a reply to message #67442] Mon, 11 February 2013 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

So, Mr. Ratzinger is resigning. Oh dear. how sad, never mind. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

Where are the Vatican ever going to find another old man who likes dressing up in funny clothes? Oh right, they've got hundreds of them. They're bound to pick a younger, better-looking person to pretend that he's God's Governor for the earth. He will run around, doing lots of photo ops and drumming up hysterical publicity while, back in the office, it will be business as usual.

Like any government or large organisation, the leader is nothing more than a figurehead and the faceless bureaucrats in the background hold the real power over policy and direction. How many times have we seen a change of government which amounted to no change at all?

One of his predecessors in resigning, Benedict IX, was an interesting character. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Benedict_IX Wonder if this pope has got an 18yo gay nephew who wants the job?

The high point of the current papacy must be when a group of topless male actrobats performed for an excited pope and a crowd of hysterical hanky-waving nuns. lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rbxov7CVi8&feature=playe r_embedded

cheers
Re: Does resignation of this unpleasant Pope have any significance?  [message #67446 is a reply to message #67443] Tue, 12 February 2013 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TomJB96 is currently offline  TomJB96

Getting started

While I don't agree with your view on large organizations entirely, nor entirely disagree, I'd like to point out that the Pope has a lot more power than various other leaders in their organizations, relatively.

That being said, with any luck the next Pope will be somebody who's more reasonable, directing the Catholics away from the false ideas they've been spreading for years. Maybe even tell Catholics to use condoms. I know some of them just shouldn't reproduce, anyways.
Re: Does resignation of this unpleasant Pope have any significance?  [message #67451 is a reply to message #67441] Fri, 15 February 2013 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AntisocialButterfly is currently offline  AntisocialButterfly

Getting started

Unfortunately the leading experts watching the Vatican expect another conservative (hard-line) Pope will replace Benedict. The College of Cardinals has been packed with Benedict's former flunkies and allies during his tenure. Those that follow and believe the same "Doctrine of Faith" that Benedict believes.
Re: Does resignation of this unpleasant Pope have any significance?  [message #67453 is a reply to message #67451] Fri, 15 February 2013 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

If today's story at http://itccs.org/ is true*, it explains a lot.

Even if it isn't true, if it gets into mainstream media for a few days, it will put enormous pressure on the Cardinals to signal a clear break with past policies, and we can hope for a new Pope that is not closely identified with the Ratzinger ear.

*"Pope Benedict, Joseph Ratzinger, has scheduled a meeting with Italian President Giorgio Napolitano for Saturday, February 23 to discuss securing protection and immunity from prosecution from the Italian government, according to Italian media sources.

Ratzinger's meeting follows upon the apparent receipt by the Vatican of a diplomatic note from an undisclosed European government on February 4, stating its intention to issue an arrest warrant for Ratzinger, who resigned from his pontificate less than a week later.
"

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Brody Levesque, our resident media scribe needs to ...  [message #67454 is a reply to message #67453] Fri, 15 February 2013 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

... give more than a cursory look into this organization, the International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State (ITCCS).

If this article should prove to be true, Brody could well be the necessary catalyst to getting this item mainstream media exposure through his contacts with Reuters; too if true, this story needs the widest possible dissemination.

Collectively, once we know whether this "Tribunal" is legit, or crackpot, or not, then we might enter into a rational discussion of the Tribunal's mandate and it's apparent actions this past week.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada
Re: Brody Levesque, our resident media scribe needs to ...  [message #67455 is a reply to message #67454] Fri, 15 February 2013 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

WASHINGTON

Feb 15 2013

Dear Nick & Warren,

The organisation mentioned in the above entitled thread is legit & I did verify at Warren's request.

Regarding the substance of the alleged warrant. That may take much longer to run down but I will reach out to an Italian journalist I am acquainted with at La Repubblica in Rome. No promises, but she may be able to give me an inside look as she is a Vatican watcher.

Take care guys

Brody
Re: Brody Levesque, our resident media scribe needs to ...  [message #67456 is a reply to message #67455] Fri, 15 February 2013 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I wonder why the Italian government can give him any immunity? Isn;t he German? Extradite the bastard to Germany and try him there.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
The wagons appear to be circling.  [message #67463 is a reply to message #67456] Mon, 18 February 2013 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Posted just a little over an hour ago at netscape.aol.com.

Pope Immunity: Vatican Will Protect Benedict From Sexual Abuse Prosecution

Other articles over the past few days appear to be canonizing him for amongst other things his economic acuity and perspicuity and his steadfast adherence to Church Dogma. The only good out of all this has been his stated desire to have a much younger functionary become his successor; but, that will only be beneficial if that younger man is willing, and wanting, to bring the Church into the 21st century.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada
Re: Does resignation of this unpleasant Pope have any significance?  [message #67485 is a reply to message #67441] Mon, 25 February 2013 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

I find it interesting that the only UK Cardinal eligible to vote (Keith O'Brien) has retired in a hurry, shortly before he'd been due to retire anyway - apparently because of allegations of improper conduct with young adult priests: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21572724

Keith O'Brien was a personal friend of the late and entirely unlamented paedophle, Jimmy Saville: http://www.cinews.ie/article.php?artid=9264

Whether by sheer coincidence or not, Ratzinger (the current Pope) has almost simultaneously announced that there won't have to be a 15-day wait after he leaves office before the Conclave to elect a successor convenes (he's leaving it up to them).http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21573157

It may look to some as though he thinks a shit-storm's about to break, and doesn't want Cardinals running round Rome bad-mouthing each other in public in an attempt to distract attention from their own misdeeds.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: Does resignation of this unpleasant Pope have any significance?  [message #67491 is a reply to message #67485] Mon, 25 February 2013 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Lady MacBeth comes to mind

It apparently doesn't get any better than this.  [message #67530 is a reply to message #67441] Sun, 03 March 2013 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

An hour ago at netscape.aol.com:

Keith O'Brien, British Cardinal, Admits To Sexual Misbehavior

And here pinknews.co.uk three hours ago:

Cardinal Keith O'Brien admits inappropriate 'sexual conduct' following allegations

I simply beyond words.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Sun, 03 March 2013 21:35]

Re: It apparently doesn't get any better than this.  [message #67531 is a reply to message #67530] Sun, 03 March 2013 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I may have to get off the fence and say what I mean.

The fucking black cloaked bastards give real gay men a bad name!

Re: It apparently doesn't get any better than this.  [message #67532 is a reply to message #67531] Tue, 05 March 2013 20:14 Go to previous message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Txa0Dq__FY&list=FLnbwInV pEKkXFC3UuEsCZHA

Cool be cool all
Previous Topic: No, we are not the Nifty Archive
Next Topic: Sydney Mardi Gras 2013
Goto Forum: